- Company: Nathan Associates Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The USAID Revenue for Growth Activity will help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will also engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of Zambia. The four objectives are as follows:
- Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Administration and Compliance Improved;
- Tax Policy Strengthened;
- Public-Private Dialogue Enhanced; and
- Enhanced capacity to address other fiscal policy and management priorities as they emerge.
Nathan Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Gender Equity & Social Inclusion (GESI) & Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Coordinator for the USAID Revenue for Growth Activity in Zambia. The GESI & CLA Coordinator will be responsible for the design and integration of gender and social interventions for the anticipated project. This will involve ensuring project implementation integrates gender and social inclusion throughout the project life, liaising with government partners, project stakeholders and other donor-funded projects in the public finance space on GESI-related issues, activities, and indicators, and training stakeholders and staff as necessary. The role will also involve overseeing CLA activities for the project to promote learning and adaptation. Preference will be given to local applicants. This position reports directly to the Chief of Party.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, provide leadership and guidance on a gender strategy for the project;
- Collaborate with all assigned government partner agencies and project stakeholders to ensure integration of gender concepts into the design and implementation of project activities;
- Develop indicators for gender activities for incorporation into the project Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) plan;
- Assist in undertaking project gender analysis, as well as other GESI research activities during the life of the project.
- Ensure the Activity integrates gender and social inclusion into all activities as appropriate.
- Ensures the Activity uses the necessary CLA systems and tools, to inform and improve each individual activity.
- Train government partners and other stakeholders on gender and economic growth topics;
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party and technical experts, work with stakeholders on their public events, media strategy and publications on gender and economic growth-related topics;
- Integrate gender activities and results in reports and documents for submission to USAID and Nathan headquarters;
- Ensure that teams are collecting sex and age disaggregated data and use gender sensitive data collection methods in order to understand and respond to program results with diverse participants.
- Works with the technical team and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager and, including subcontractors, to adopt a holistic Activity-level CLA system.
- In collaboration with other technical experts and under the guidance of the Chief of Party, identify successful project gender interventions, lessons learned and policy recommendations that can be used to showcase the project in publications, at conferences or similar events.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s preferred) in gender studies, sociology, economics, business administration, or a related field required;
- Seven (7) years or more of progressively responsible experience integrating gender and social inclusion considerations into projects, operations and systems;
- Understanding of the socio-economic situation in Zambia as it relates to gender and minority group sensitive programming;
- Demonstrated experience with collaboration, learning & adapting in donor-funded programming;
- Experience with theoretical and practical background in M&E and skilled in participatory qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques preferred
- Ability to maintain productive relationships with a diverse set of key stakeholders and staff;
- Understanding of USAID’s gender strategy; and
- Experience with USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to RGARecruiting@nathaninc.com
Closing Date : 16th July, 2021.