- Company: WVI
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Saving Groups & Financial Inclusion Specialist
Reporting to: Enhanced Livelihoods &Resilience Technical Program Manager
Purpose of the Position:
The Savings Groups & Financial Inclusion Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support for improved access to financial services through Savings for Transformation (S4T) approaches / initiatives and oversee linkages of S4T groups to formal financial institutions. Working closely with formal financial institutions to develop and promote digital financial platforms that enhance the efficiency and operations of S4T groups. Support the design of studies /survey to develop new products that are suitable for saving group members using digital platforms that will enable clients (parents and caregivers save and borrow efficiently in order to enable them provide well for their children.
Designing Financial Inclusion Projects
- Support designing of Saving for Transformation (S4T) and Digital financial inclusion projects.
Promote uptake of Digital Financial Services that are Inclusive
- Conduct assessments to Identify and map out relevant Digital Finance Services platforms/products for adoption by Savings Groups.
- Support development, review and adaptation of IEC materials for promotion of DFS by Mobile Money Network operators/Agents
Ensure Financial Inclusion Project are implemented effectively.
- Provide Technical support to ensure quality implementation of S4T groups and digital finance linkages.
- Conduct annual monitoring Indicators surveys for the Program and lead Baseline/evaluations for the all financial inclusion Program
Documentation and reporting
- Reporting and communication to demonstrate progress against key program/project indicators for the Program including documentation of best practices.
Staff Capacity Building
- Support capacity building training for WVZ staff, partners, Community Agents (mobile money agents), and Champion in financial education, and S4T approach/ methodology to increase number of savers and opportunities for affordable credit.
- Develop or contextualize training materials for staff, partners and community beneficiaries.
MIS Data Management & Analysis
- Working in close collaboration with the DME to establish and maintain S4T and financial inclusion data base.
- Provide leadership in the management of program information management system and support DFs in the process of data collection.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Sociology, Economics or its equivalent.
- Experience in designing & implementation of Savings Groups & financial Inclusion projects with special emphasis in Digital Financial Services.
- Good level of proficiency in working with various Saving Groups Management Information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong networks with various institutions (Banks, Mobile Network Operations, Mobile Money Agents etc.
- Committed to World Vision Values
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 27 September 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
|Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!|
WVI.org/jobs/zambia/field-operations/savings-groups-and-financial-inclusion-specialist/17741″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th September , 2021.