- Company: Silondwa Engineering Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Silondwa Engineering Limited invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced members of the public for the following vacant position:
To move heavy materials and equipment around worksites using rigging gear such as pulleys, cranes and winches, assemble temporary structures like scaffolding on construction sites and move panels on buildings under construction.
a) Carries out Aligning, levelling, and anchoring machinery
b) Attaches loads to rigging to provide support or prepares them for moving with the use of hand and power tools
c) Ensures that rigging equipment is dismantled and properly stored after use
d) Carries out tests on rigging equipment occasionally to ensure safety and reliability
e) Communicates with workers that are engaged in the process of hoisting and moving loads, to ensure the safety of workers and materials
f) Ensures that all work scope is completed safely
g) Strictly adhering to safety regulations and precautions
h) Oversees the process of tearing down, cleaning, and storing of any rigging equipment or machinery used in moving.
Education and Work Experience
- Grade 12
- Craft certificate in Rigging or equivalent
- 3+ years’ relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies
- Physically fit and ability for working with various rigging hand and power tools.
- Observation skills (attention to detail)
- Physical ability to do the work
- Good knowledge of rigging/engineering best practices, and other applicable safety standards
- Good analysis and problem solving skills
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 72463
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.