- Company: Construction
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
The Construction Company is looking for mature, proactive, motivated and result oriented serving employees to fill the positions of:
JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER – TRAINING AND RECRUITMENT
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To undertake Staff Training and Development activities to ensure that the Construction Company is adequately resourced with skilled and competent personnel capable of executing their responsibilities to the satisfaction of the Company
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. Conducts skills and staff audits in the organisation in order to determine the training needs of individual staff and the human resources requirement of the Institution.
2. Conducts workforce planning, prepares recruitment plans to ensure the Construction Company is adequately staffed.
3. Develops human resources training and development strategies and policies and designs implementation plans to meet corporate requirements.
4. Searches for and selects suitable training providers to deliver the training to the expectation and satisfaction of the organisation.
5. Evaluates the training programs vis-à-vis the institution’s requirements and initiates remedial action to address the training gaps, if any. Assess and identify current and future skills need.
6. Carries out recruitment, selection and placement of staff to fill the vacancies in conjunction with Heads of Department (Conducts reference checks, interviews, offer letters, advertisements etc).
7. Maintain accurate and updated personal files
8. Undertakes orientation of new employees so as to appraise them with their conditions of service, Construction Company policies, job duties, business etiquettes etc.
9. Administers performance appraisals system which helps to identify training needs and promotion potential of staff.
10. Maintains a database for staff to facilitate the generation of labour returns and other ad hoc reports.
11. Ensures continuous identification of training development needs of staff in conjunction with Head Departments in the Construction Company.
12. Monitors the academic performance of Fellows and Awardees on staff development programmes and takes appropriate action on progress reports received on their performance.
13. Provides secretarial services to the Staff Development Committees and appropriately implements their decisions.
14. Organises periodic review of all job descriptions and the Job Evaluation Scheme so as to capture all changes in job content and organisation structures.
15. Assists in the day to day operations, functions and duties of the Human Resource Department
14. Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
Good human relations skills to be able to interact effectively with staff and Management
Computational, logistical and analytical skills
Excellent verbal and written English
Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities and tight deadlines
Confidentiality, integrity and willingness to work long hours
Good knowledge of Zambian Labour Laws
Proficient with Micro Soft packages (e.g. Word, Excel, statistical packages and Power Point).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business or Public Administration or equivalent
Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
Minimum experience of 2 Years in similar role or Fresher can be apply.
Applications should be addressed to the The Manager-Human Resources & Administration.
Working Hours – 8:00 am till Work Completion as per Site Conditions
Please call for +260971233888
Closing Date : 15th October, 2021.