- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
The Fuel Attendant (FA) works in support of the Fuel Farm Team to facilitate the completion of fuel related tasks. The FA will be expected to ensure fuel safety, customer service and fuel issuing related tasks are completed with efficiency and consistency. The FA is expected to properly execute all associated management processes, including tag/card processes and related safety procedures.
- Ensure that they physically check the Master Meter Readings and compare with the previous shift Master Meter Readings on the Flow Meters before pumping any fuel and report any differences immediately to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that the Filling Station Pumps are opened up and closed at the Appropriate Opening and Closing Times as stipulated from the SOP. (Late Opening and Early Closing of Fuel Pumps is NOT acceptable).
- Ensure that you inspect your Work Area prior to starting to work. Use the THINK Safety System
- Ensure that ONLY DULY AUTHORISED MACHINES with Approved Fleet Numbers are issued with fuel.
- Ensure that the amount of fuel received from the supplier/pumps and issued to machines is properly recorded and duly signed for in the Fuel Register Books.
- Ensure that the Fuel Registers are correctly balanced off and agree at the end of each shift.
- Ensure that the times of fueling, equipment fleet numbers, equipment machine hours and amount of liters issues to each machine are properly and correctly recorded.
- Ensure that operators of equipment sign for fuel received, indicating their Mine Numbers.
- Ensure that no equipment is refueled more than once per shift, unless by instruction from the Supervisor.
- Report any thefts of fuel or any other Company Property is reported immediately to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that any irregular activities involving fuel and any other Company Property are immediately reported to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that any damage to the fuel bowsers or filling station equipment, including fuel leaks, are promptly reported to the Supervisor without fail.
- Ensure that the fuel bowser or filling station under your charge is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that any diesel and oil spillages are cleaned up immediately they occur.
- Ensure that all the paperwork for fuel receipts and issues is handed over to the Supervisor at the end of the shift.
- Adhere to instructions given by the Supervisors in relation to Fuel Control Operations at all times.
- Ensure that you carry out your duties in safe and hazard free manner, as Safety is of Top Priority.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Management from time to time.
- Grade Twelve Certificate or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in the same role.
- Any tertiary Qualification will be an added advantage
Closing Date : 3rd November, 2021.