- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
The role exists to coordinate and execute all Dewatering section activities including any projects that may arise. The role is also responsible for ensuring monitoring, maintaining and installing of pit dewatering infrastructure and Lighting plants in the pit at sentinel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Statutory compliance requirements adhered to.
- Lead and manage a team of dewatering personnel to ensure outputs and KPI’s are achieved
- Pump and pipe selections, installations and relocations
- Diesel Engine maintenance and repairs
- Light Plant maintenance and repairs
- Ensuring that all tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, to assure maximum reliability and uptime.
- Planning and setting out work targets for daily shift work group activities in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Achieving results through prioritizing activities, monitoring the progress of assignments, and holding oneself accountable for the results
- Motivate yourself and others in overcoming obstacles and achieving goals
- Planning & assisting in laying out of work on new projects
- Ensuring maximum plant availability at all time
- A proven ability to work with other disciplines to achieve minimal disruption to plant operating times
- Identify safety hazards and rectify/control
- Adhere to and enforce all aspects of the company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Access safety hazard reports and follow up on corrective actions.
- Run safety meetings/toolbox talks on a daily basis
- Plan and coordinate Planned maintenance on all Pumps and Lighting plants
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience
- Experience in Mine Dewatering Operations.
- Prior experience in preventative maintenance and scheduling.
- Qualified Millwright will be an advantage.
- Experience with diesel operated engines.
- Full Grade 12 certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical, or combination of both.
- Member of EIZ and registered with ERB
Job Specific Competencies
- Proven knowledge of pumping and piping systems
- Ability to correctly select pumps and piping based on pump curves and losses
- Appreciation of water drainage systems
- High regard and commitment to safe work practices
- Have experience and working Knowledge of both mechanical and auto electrical.
- Must be a qualified Diesel Mechanic and have experience in auto electrical problem solving.
- Have a working knowledge of Pronto or equivalent for planning and compliance.
Key Job Attributes
- Detail Orientated
- Must possess Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Must be flexible to work and attend to any shift as assigned
- Ability to multi-task
- Conflict resolution
- Must be an active listener
- Must be a good team player
- Ability to make precise judgment and decisions
- Ability to delegate as and when need arises
- Must be able to effectively manage time
- Planning skills
- Must demonstrate excellent business acumen
- Process oriented
- Must be an influencer of positive change
Closing Date : 5th November, 2021.