- Company: Airtel Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
DEPARTMENT : Supply Chain Management
VACANCY : Buyer
LEVEL : Assistant Manager
LOCATION : Lusaka, HQ
Responsible for Procurement of Inventory, supplies and general administration services.
REPORTING TO THE HEAD – PROCUREMENT & FACILITIES THE MAIN DUTIES ARE:
- Preparing bid specifications, issuing bid requests and reviewing bid proposals and quotations and selecting vendors to procure requisitioned goods/services meeting specific criteria
- Negotiating agreements, purchase terms and conditions as specified in company procurement manual/policy
- Ensuring that procurement policy and quality objectives are applied in every sourcing activity
- Monthly reviews of Open Capex and Opex POs to ensure no Capex Purchase Orders remain open for over a year and all Opex Purchase Orders are closed within six months.
- Ensuring that all supply requirements are negotiated, documented and committed within established policies and delegation of authority in order to achieve a satisfactory audit rating
- Maintaining rapport with HQ category buyer in managing groups contracts and processing of Contract of Adherences (COA) to take into account local tax and other regulatory conditions
- Critically reviewing the scope of requests from users and advise possible modifications to the scope that may help create savings for the business
- Working with user departments to review/qualify and optimize supply opportunities
- Conducts annual vendor performance evaluations using a cross functional team and monitors vendors for excellence service delivery
- Maintaining effective communication with line manager, Functional heads and other staff for effective compliance with procurement policy
- Interpreting and share updated purchase procedures with vendors
- Supporting the planning, budgeting and KRA setting processes to establish procurement goals
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION & FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL SKILLS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing & Supply or a related Business/Engineering degree and/or MCIPS
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position
- Able to perform in a performance driven organization
- Preferably knowledge in ERP/Oracle for SCM operations
- Able to handle, prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to manage expectations of multiple stakeholders – partners, vendors and internal customers
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Computer literate
- Relationship management
Suitable candidates requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to email@example.com. Closing date for receiving applications is 1st December, 2021.
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.