- Company: Right to Care
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia – Right to Care Jobs in Zambia
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID ACTION HIV Project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID ACTION HIV Project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Request to Hire Ref No.: RTCZ21-083
Date advertised: 31st December 2021
Closing date: 7th January 2022
Position: Deputy Chief of Party
Location: Kasama, Northern Province
Contract type: Fixed-Term
Contract duration: Two (2) Years
Reporting to: Chief of Party
Job grade: TBA
Contact Person: Vacancy14
Contact email: Vacancy14@righttocare.org
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Have at least 15 years of experience of management on complex public health programs of similar scope and size.
- Have at least a minimum of 8 years of experience working as a senior-level manager
- Have at least a master’s degree (or higher) in Public Health, Medicine, or related discipline.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in technical operations of large-scale or complex HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs in Zambia or Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Demonstrate experience in and comprehensive understanding of PEPFAR strategic information requirements
- Demonstrate strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, and demonstrable political leadership
- Demonstrate experience working with GRZ provincial governments
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in the English language
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree (Commerce, Business Administration, Medical Doctor, Leadership)
- In-depth understanding of the PEPFAR Epidemic Control strategy and the NASF
- In-depth understanding of program issues and policy work at local, national and international levels.
- Demonstrated ability in writing and presenting programs.
- Sound and up-to-date knowledge of development concepts, methodologies, and techniques including demonstrated expertise in HIV/AIDS.
- 3 years of experience working in one or more African countries.
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- HIV programme management
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Budgeting and financial management
- Project Management skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Coaching, Training and Facilitation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Assist the Chief of party in the Implementation and development of RTCZ- USAID ACTION HIV Project’s vision, mission, philosophy and principles in line with agreed strategies and organizational priorities across the three provinces
- Conduct Clinical Project Review and participate in Project Management Review according to regional guidelines and interfaces with appropriate functional leadership to achieve positive outcomes.
- Manage expenditure for the 3 provinces in accordance with approved budgets and USAID financial regulations.
- Ensure Human Resource expertise are employed timeously, inducted, developed and motivated to execute the objectives of the program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders in the three provinces where applicable i.e. Donors, Government, Health Ministries, Partners.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.
To apply for this job email your details to Vacancy14@righttocare.org
Closing Date : 7th January , 2022.