- Company: Northrise University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
Northrise University is a private owned University. The University is based in Ndola, and offers locally and internationally accredited professional and academic programs. Northrise is a Christ-centered university creating an environment for intellectual, spiritual, and emotional growth. Northrise University supports the educational, spiritual, and economic transformation of Zambia by raising up educated and empowered leaders. At Northrise students are empowered to become future leaders through rigorous academic training and high performance standards.
We are looking for dedicated and innovative professionals who are passionate about making a significant and positive contribution to the education sector in Zambia. If you are such an individual possessing necessary qualifications and competencies, you are encouraged to apply for the position:
Job Purpose and Required Skills:
- Teaching fundamental undergraduate and graduate Business courses.
- Assistance with administration of the undergraduate and graduate School of Business programs.
- Highly professional with ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Develops strategies to teach course content for the entire term/semester including instructional objectives, assignments, textbooks, weight of grades and delivery methods.
- Develops and provides to students, approved Northrise University syllabi and modules that follow a template established by the University, which includes terminal course objectives.
- Organizes, prepares and regularly revises and updates all course materials.
- Incorporates higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills, and by connecting their current study to lab assignments and previous/future study in the related disciplines.
- Adheres to University policies regarding disciplinary problems, including plagiarism or cheating.
- Models exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Organizes and sequences topics in a logical progression and paces the delivery to meet the needs of the class.
- Utilizes educational technology (such as PowerPoint, remote access to syllabi and grades, classroom projection systems, online courses or course components with interactive capabilities) to enhance learning.
- Establishes positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the classroom and lab. Provides opportunities for in-class discussions and questions and displays enthusiasm about the students, the subject matter, and the learning process.
- Treats students’ academic needs seriously by being accessible for academic consultation before or after class, via phone or e-mail.
- Creates an interactive classroom environment.
- Able to supervise and conduct academic research and paper writing
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in finance and mathematics.
- College-level teaching experience and industry experience.
All applicants should submit a typed cover letter of not more than two pages that clearly states the position applied for; the academic and professional qualifications they possess; and the major achievements in their previous and/or current job. The Curriculum vitae should be current, not more than five pages long, clearly state the duration(s) and nature of their past and current work experience; and include at least four traceable referees. Furthermore, copies of academic/ professional certificates, transcripts, high school certificate and NRC must be attached.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to. Additionally, all shortlisted applicants will be required to present certificates of verification/validation of all their academic and professional qualifications from the Zambia Qualifications Authority during the interviews.
All applications should be received by the undersigned by 28th January, 2022 to:
Human Resource Officer
30029 Kitwe-Ndola Dual Carriage Highway
P O Box 240271
Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org