- Company: Pacific Cigarette Company
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
PROCUREMENT AND STORES OFFICER JOB ADVERT
To undertake effectively the maintenance of accurate records of goods, services and records in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information in order to facilitate smooth operations of the Company as well as responsible for receiving of purchased goods, maintenance of stock levels of various items belonging to the Company and issuance of stores items.
- Manages and undertakes effectively the maintenance of an up-to-date stores register in order to minimize the commodity stock outs.
- Manages effectively the maintenance of accurate records of goods, services and records in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information
- Receives, inspects and ensures that goods are of right quality and quantity according to orders
- Carries out day to day checks of stocks to avoid thefts or pilferage
- Raises Goods Receiving Vouchers for all delivered purchases
- Receive incoming material and perform checks quantity against invoices and delivery notes
- Issues materials as requested by production and perform daily stock count
- Reconcile issues with production output per shift/day
- Issues out finished goods on delivery note signed by Accountant and MD as authorization.
- Perform cycle counts weekly and month end stock counts
- Report on critical status materials items timeously for management to react and or take corrective measure to avoid stock out
- In liaison with technical staff ensure engineering consumable and spare are adequately stocked and report abuse and absurd usages to avoid high production costs.
- Advises Cluster Procurement manager Clerks on the quality and recommended suppliers of specific items in liaison with technical staff and Supervisor.
- Receive, issue out and keep an accurate record of spares, materials and finished goods to ensure that stocks are within economic limits / standards set up by management.
- Perform Quality checks on the products when receiving.
- Maintaining records
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Head of Supply Chain or Senior Supply Chain Officer.
Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Full grade twelve(12)
- Degree/Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing Supply (ZIPS) with a valid practicing certificate
- Minimum of 3 (03) years’ work experience in a reputable Organization i.e. FMCG will be an added advantage
- Goal-oriented and able to work under minimal supervision and able to collaborate well with a diverse team.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Able to write analytical and technical reports.
- Computer literate and Knowledgeable of most used packages
All Applications which includes your CV, Academic Qualifications and other supporting documents should be saved in one Document (PDF) & be sent to:
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY 28TH JUNE 2022