Varun Beverages Zambia Ltd a leading Beverage manufacturing company situated at plot No. 37426, Mungwi Road in Heavy Industrial area, Lusaka is URGENTLY looking to recruit suitably qualified individuals to fill the positions of AUTO MECHANIC X 2
DEPARTMENT : TRANSPORT/WORKSHOP
REPORTING TO: TRANSPORT MANAGER
JOB SUMMARY/ DESIRED QUALIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. AUTO MECHANIC
- Perform routine maintenance like oil, filter, and belt changes according to schedules established by various car manufacturers.
- Advise Drivers on good vehicle Use
- Maintain fleet and tools in good condition
- Report to Transport Manager for instructions of job priority
- Diagnose all incoming vehicle problems
- Listening to Drivers so as to learn more about vehicle history, potential problems, and the services they would like to receive.
- Performing test on new drivers, repairs, inspections, and other diagnostic tests on vehicles to identify where problems exists and determine which parts need to be repaired or replaced.
- Completing preventative maintenance on vehicles, performing oil changes, flushing and replacing fluids, and replacing brakes.
- Inspecting internal systems and controls to ensure the vehicle is operating properly and in compliance with state regulations.
- Maintaining accurate records relating to vehicles, parts and service history.
- Examine various systems within cars to diagnose problems.
- Run computerized diagnostic tests to help identify components that might be malfunctioning.
- Remove parts that are worn or not operating properly and replace them with new or used parts (Leakages).
- Explain repairs to drivers and provide estimates for unanticipated repairs
- Keep detailed records of all work performed
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Must have a Diploma or craft certificate in Auto Mechanic from a recognised TEVETA affiliate institute
- Must have more than 5 years working experience
Note: Candidates with experience from other similar industries are encouraged to apply.
Send your Cvs and cover letters to email@example.com
closing date for receiving Cvs is 13th October, 2023. Take note that only short listed candidates will be called for interviews.