Reports to the ICT Director. The position is responsible for all ICT systems administration focusing on the software side of the systems. Thus all functions of enterprise servers and client side access and operating systems such as desk and laptop computing devices fall under their portifolio. The ICT Manager Systems Administration is also responsible for the activities of the ICT client support systems so as to have a streamlined ICT operation.
- Leads and manages a team of innovation and business systems support specialists working with them to plan and prioritize workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals, and support them to continually improve performance and results.
- Provides the Software Engineering team overarching responsibility and accountability while guiding the Software Development and innovation process.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to identify areas for improvement in existing systems.
- Propose and implement enhancements, upgrades, and customizations to optimize system functionality and meet changing business needs.
- Establishes performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of the Innovation and business systems support team.
- Manages relationships with vendors and service providers.
- In conjunction with projects, departments and procurement, assist with the recommendation and selection of hardware and software systems as per ICT policy
- Implements and test Business Continuity Plan (BCP) as well as Backup and Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Coordinates the operations of the network, hardware and software teams in delivery of ICT services.
- Assists in the development of the ICT budget and long-term strategy.
- Provides the ICT Director with weekly or and monthly status reports regarding the operations of the data and support centres.
- Ensure that the data centre environmental conditions are checked on a daily basis.
- Provides technical leadership and motivates the direct reports
- Contribute to the organizational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning
- Ensure that all critical system logs are reviewed daily and any unusual behaviour detected is reported to the ICT Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or a related field.
- At least 5 years experience at middle to senior management level with practical demonstrable accomplishments in development, deployment, Implementation and maintenance of IT systems.
- Very good knowledge of Operating systems and Databases
Software Engineering and Programming skills in JAVA, PHP or C#
- Good knowledge of common API such as SOAP, REST, XMLRPC,
- Specialist certifications in programs such as MCSA, Project Management,
- ITIL and/or COBIT
- Member of an ICT Professional body – ICTAZ
- Must possess project and budget management skills.
- Strong grasp and understanding of ICT and innovation.
- Proficient with integrated workflow based financial, supply chain, manufacturing, sales and inventory control systems such as Sage X3, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
- Knowledgeable about ICT governance frameworks and best practices to ensure efficient and compliant ICT operations.
- Solid working knowledge of Linux/Unix, Mac OSX and Windows OS
- Good understanding of virtualization and cloud computing
- Familiarities or experience working with various software development frameworks.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 10th October, 2023.