The Child Monitoring and Sponsorships Officer will be responsible for implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the sponsorship program for a specified number of sponsored children within a given area of responsibility. He/she will also participate in program planning and ensures timely and effective implementation, administration, delivery, and completion of sponsorship program benefits. He/ She will ensure that all communicated child information is accurately collected, stored, reviewed, and quality checked before it is shared and submitted timely.
Dimensions of the Role:
- The Officer reports directly and regularly to the Coordinator
- The officer is required to do fieldwork
- Ensure continuous monitoring of the children’s wellbeing
- Provide accurate timely information and updates on the children’s well-being assigned to them
- Ensure to conduct assessments of children for correct placements and decision making on the right interventions for the child
- Support implementation of WASH initiatives and Child Protection
Policies and procedures:
- Ensure to comply with and adherence to all Departmental Policies and Procedures for effective implementation of program and activities
- Comply with and adhere to Child Safe Guarding Policy to ensure proper child safeguarding norms and child safety
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position Procedures, Process, and Applications Support
Assessments and Emotional Support
- Ensure to conduct Vulnerability Assessments of all Legacy Academy Students assigned to them and recommend the right intervention/placement for the child
- Complete annual Psychosocial screeners and other Psychosocial Assessments to ensure children are receiving the necessary Emotional care and support
- Collaborate with Academics to identify children with special needs for Assessment and Placement
- Support and participate in the implementation of Social Emotional Learning in Legacy Academies
- Conduct emotional support with students and refer cases that require clinical/specialized counseling to the Legacy Academy counselors.
- Establish nurturing and growing relationships with assigned children and their families.
- Participate in all SEL activities.
- Conduct follow-ups and regular home visits for child wellbeing.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate information about the sponsored children.
- Responsible for ensuring review and quality check of all incoming and outgoing data on children from the campus level.
- Monitor daily school attendance to conduct follow-ups on all students who exceed the absenteeism requirement and submit report
- Ensure all findings of an investigation are recorded and communicated to the necessary staff/departments.
- Manage SP non-academic files, which include counseling logs, documentation of interventions, and any other that may arise.
- Communicate to school leadership and Coordinators of any child follow-ups based on attendance records and rosters.
- Facilitate and accompany home visits for all sponsored children upon request.
Data and Record Management
- Tracking and ensuring that specific Child updates are completed promptly
- Effective, accurate, efficient documentation and record keeping are in line with all sponsorship protocols, policies, and guidelines.
- Perform data reconciliations to identify any data anomalies of all SP children.
- Ensure all weekly import changes and attendance are compiled and processed for the database system.
- Ensure all deliverables for data management are fulfilled and tracked (discharge, death, transfer, maternity tracking, etc)
- Ensure all documentation and data of all sponsored children are properly filed and up to date.
- Ensure each Sponsored child has an AAR folder and all documentation on the child is filled for each child (home visit, transfers, etc.)
- Ensure all AAR folders for Discharged and Transferred Children are submitted to the supervisor.
- Maintaining ongoing, up-to-date, and accurate child well-being records both on and off-campus.
- Frequently collaborate with Academics to provide and maintain accurate and up-to-date sponsorship records and rosters.
- Strictly observe confidentiality and strong ethics concerning all beneficiary information/data.
- Responsible for planning and implementing all activities and tasks of Sponsorship
- Quality, focused, timely review and tracking of necessary documentation/ correspondence required for strengthening the bond between sponsored children and their sponsors through letters, photos, family records, and various reports.
- Coordinating and ensuring that all sponsored children needed for camp, sponsorship trips, and parties are notified
- Processing and ensuring that field-initiated requirements and all sponsorship deliverables are fulfilled (transfers, discharges, letters, response letters, readmission, death, etc.)
- Conduct frequent random spot checks in classrooms to confirm the accuracy of attendance records.
- Ensure that all information regarding sponsored children is updated
- Respond promptly and effectively to all inquiries and specific child updates regarding all sponsored children.
- Facilitate child-sponsorship correspondence as directed by the International office.
- Administer and submit letters for all sponsored children.
- Capture photos and videos for all sponsored children
- Respond to sponsor child update requests regarding all sponsored children.
- Ensure all sponsored children are rostered for camp attendance.
- Be non-discriminatory and respectful in relating with people especially the sponsored children/youth and their families, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Effective implementation, administration, delivery, and completion of sponsorship program benefits. • Track and Distribute attendance blessing for all children eligible
- Ensure the distribution of blessings and other gifts to the children; communicate discrepancies to the Coordinator and supervisor when necessary.
- Report all abuse concerns disclosure and/or child protection incidents to the direct supervisor/ designated staff for further investigations and action.
- Work with Child Protection Coordinator to conduct an initial investigation of child abuse allegations.
- Ensure a high standard of confidentiality in all reporting.
- Strictly observe confidentiality and strong ethics concerning all children’s cases
- Conduct sensitizations talks for Children on Child Protection.
- Maternity tracking for pregnant girls and follow-ups.
- Ensure continual implementation of the Child Safe Guarding Policy.
- Identify and mitigate child safety risks through implementing child protection strategies.
- Train girls in Menstrual Hygiene Management and distribute girls’ hygiene kits.
- Conduct sensitizations talks for Children on Health Education
- Implement all WASH initiatives in the school
- Reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly/ reports on the implementation of various programs/activities/initiatives.
- To capture and track all departmental activities /projects in line with the work plan.
- Maintain the database of children assigned.
- Monitor and document all implemented program activities included in the annual work plan, focusing on results, impacts, success stories, and lessons learned.
- Effective implementation, administration, delivery, and completion of all project
Policies and procedures:
- Coordinates with other Departments/Sections to implement systems procedures and processes to comply with Family Legacy.
- Ensures that work plans are submitted on weekly basis and reports on a monthly basis.
- Support to programs: Oversee the planning and management of all sponsorship-related activities in line with established policies, procedures, and processes
- Child Protection: Provide oversight in cooperation with other staff to ensure compliance and adherence to Family Legacy’s Child Protection Policy to safeguard and protect children from all forms of harm and abuse.
Skills Specific to the Post
- Pays particular attention to details
- Promotes innovation and learning amongst team members to achieve goals.
- Communication clearly both verbally and written.
- Gains and retains credibility for personal relationships with others and job performance.
- Ability to work well with others in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural environment.
- Strong analytical skills in problem-solving and strategic thinking.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong management skills in coaching, problem-solving, and people management.
- Ability to work effectively with others on a team and independently, especially under pressure.
- Excellent listener who understands and shows sensitivity to the needs of others/other programs
- Ability to adapt personal views to get the best outcome for the ministry.
- Contributes effectively to the work of other departments and the ministry.
- Aware of own strengths, and weaknesses and proactive in using feedback for self-development.
- Aware of impact on others and uses impact to create a positive work environment.
- Positive about change and able to cope well with ambiguity and support others in doing so.
- Adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in technology operation; working knowledge of MS platforms.
- Demonstrates ability to foster and maintain appropriate and engaging relationships with children.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate ( 5 credits or better)
- Diploma/Degree in Social Sciences or related fields
- Competency in computer skills is a Must (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Vast Experience in a related field.
October 5, 2023