THE PATH IS PAVED. LEAD THE WAY
DIRECTOR RETAIL BANKING
Our client, in the Banking industry seeks to employ a competent and qualified Director Retail Banking
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide a superior customer experience and promote a sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation aimed at achieving sales goals through business development, referrals and retention and expansion of account relationships to achieve budget and strategic plan targets.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, executing and managing competent strategies and tactical business plan to penetrate new areas and expand existing ones for a wide range of financial products/ services;
- Developing and maintaining strategic alliance relationships with relevant financial and technology partners to ensure the digital banking strategy leads product development.
- Developing and implementing sales planning activities and monitor their utilisation
- Leading all aspects of retail sales and service within the bank;
- Accounting for the attainment of branch sales, service and financial goals;
- Overseeing quality control on all communications, ensuring they are reflective of organizational brand and empathy of the members and the related communities;
- Crafting strategies for all Marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising,
- Communications, Media and Creative and;
- Educating branches about products and services offered by the bank do as to facilitate for cross selling;
- Collaborating with other internal business partners to provide comprehensive solutions to customers financial needs;
- Maintaining a consistent calling effort, achieving established goals for quantity and quality call;
- Creating a positive working environment that facilitates exceptional service, expanding profitable customer relationships and employee engagement;
- Analysing data to identify segments and their performance and product reviews on the market;
- Ensuring compliance with all internal and external rules, policies and procedures
- Overseeing issues of compliance on new regulations, provided feedback and guidance on change directions by central bank on retail banking;
- Building alliances and partnerships to generate revenue streams through monetisation of digital assets;
- Building alliances for increasing digital footprint (with ecommerce players etc.)
- Supervising the accumulation of accurate reporting of financial, performance, ensuring timely delivery and;
- Establishing and maintaining proper expense controls in order to stay within budget and explain any significant variances
- Overseeing the retail team resources for effective job performance to contribute to the attainment of the objectives of the Bank;
- Reviewing staff roles and ensure staff capacity is at optimal level and in line with the Bank’s aspiration for growth.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree for a recognized University in Business Administration, Economics, Banking and Finance or a related Commercial discipline
- MBA or Master’s Degree in, Economics, Banking and Finance or a related Commercial discipline
- 10+ years’ work-experience in retail, digital banking product management and/or consumer facing mobile product in Banks or Financial institutions.
- Exposure to digital business models like e-commerce, B2B, B2C marketplaces etc.
- Strong experience in consumer facing product management and design thinking
- Financial industry experience preferred but open if relevant to digital banking goals
- Member of the Banking and Financial Services Institution.
- Problem solving;
- Customer service excellence
- Strategic planning and execution
- Sales Management
The Managing Partner
Laura & Partners Consulting Limited
CV 16 D.C. Wallace Road,
COMESA Exhibition Village, Show Grounds, Lusaka
Applications must be emailed with the subject “Director Retail Banking” to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Sunday 15th October, 2023. Only electronic applications will be accepted. Full details of the job can be downloaded here.