Providing compassionate and quality patient care, educating patients, administering medication and keeping patient records.
- Deliver high-quality and compassionate patient care in various hospital units.
- Administer medications, monitor vital signs, and provide treatments as prescribed.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Maintain accurate patient records and documentation.
- Educate patients and their families about health conditions and treatment plans.
- Create nursing care plans to assess patient care needs and continued progress based on nursing diagnosis and within scope of practice.
- Participate in the morning ward rounds or weekly ground rounds.
- Assist the medical doctors during clinical procedures, as requested.
- Diploma in Nursing, registered and fully licensed to practice nursing in the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Must be a qualified ZRN/ZRM from a recognized institution.
- A current license to practice nursing in Zambia from the General Nursing Council of Zambia.
- Must have at least 3 – 5 years’ experience
Key Qualities and skills:
- Self-motivated and resourceful with strong intellectual ability
- Ability to research and create new knowledge
- Should be a goal getter and a team player
Interested candidates should send their application letters together with copies of their educational & professional certificates, and Curriculum Vitae with at least three traceable referees to the undersigned, on or before 17th November, 2023.
University of Lusaka
Plot 37413, Off Alick Nkhata Road, Mass Media
P O Box 36711, Lusaka Zambia