ZABS is a statutory body currently operating under the Standards Act No. 4 of 2017. ZABS exists to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national, regional and international markets. It is the custodian of national standards and acts as a link between the local industry and regional and international standardization and quality assurance (SQA) organizations.
The Bureau wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant positions;
FINANCE MANAGER (ZABS 3 X 1)
To manage the financial resources of the Bureau in order to ensure implementation of institutional programmes
- To establish, document and implement Financial Regulations and ensuring that they are followed.
- To prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports and annual financial statements.
- To safeguard ZABS assets and liabilities by ensuring that purchasing and stores records are checked regularly.
- To prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budget estimates based on activities identified by various departments.
- To provide budgetary control and Financial risk management
- To review the costing for services rendered by ZABS to its clients.
- To monitor the implementation of the approved budget.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least credit in 5 subjects
- Registered member of ZICA
- BAc/Full ACCA/CIMA/ZICA program or equivalent
- Minimum ten (10) years’ work experience with 5 years at Management level in a busy office
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge in accounting packages.
- Good organizational and leadership skills Good analytical skills
- Ability to communication effectively both written and oral
- Computer literate (Word processing, spreadsheets and internet)
- High level of integrity and confidentiality, sober character, ethical and capable of working independently.
The positions in salary scale ZABS 3 are in contract employment category. The positions in ZABS 6 are in permanent and pensionable employment category.
Suitably qualified individuals are therefore encouraged to apply for these positions by sending their application letters together with copies of educational and professional certificates and a detailed CV to the address below. Closing date for applications is 11th December, 2023.
The Executive Director
Zambia Bureau of Standards
P.O Box 50259