Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (MELO).
JOB PURPOSE : Take lead in designing and implementing the MEL activities of THPZ impact site across the country to ensure effective and timely flow of data and information to allow for Management’s informed decision-making. The position is based in Lusaka and reports to Country Director.
- Develops, manages, and hones the customized MEL System for THPZ; ensures alignment with Epicenter Strategy and special projects requirements (which includes designing tools for data collection and analysis).
- Ensure long-term data collection, analysis and reporting according to specified requirements of the project, working closely with the programme personnel.
- Facilitate development of progress indicators and ensure that monitoring, reporting, and evaluation takes into account the core agreed project indicators
- Provide input into the overall M & E system or exercise that will allow ownership for results and the results-reporting processes by all parties including communities.
- Ensure that communities are involved in monitoring, reporting and evaluation activities utilizing the People-Centred Participatory Action Research (PAR) Monitoring and Evaluation
- Methodology to measure the impact of the work.
- Facilitate and participate in baseline surveys, mid-term & final evaluations, as well as impact assessment exercises of the project initiatives.
- Ensure proper documentation of various activities in the district project
- A good understanding of The Hunger Project’s Aims and Objectives, Principles and Methodologies.
- Previous experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, conducting baseline, mid-term and final project evaluations will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy is a must with specialization in statistical data processing programs
- Strong in qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Strong in Participatory Rural Appraisal skills
- Understanding on the use of various data collection and analysis tools
- Self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills
- First Degree in any Social or Sciences discipline
- Previous experience in Core M & E is not a must, if you are ready to learn then you are the best fit
- Computer literacy is a must
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research skills will be an advantage