Position Title: Data Management Specialist (DMS) – Kanyama Clinic
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: HBCU Consortium Project Director, Program Coordinator and Morehouse School of Medicine
The DMS will work closely with the Project Director and Historically Black College or University (HBCU) health facility–based in the design and implementation of the HRSA-funded Global Health Consortium project covering Kanyama Hospital. The DMS will also support development of technical and budget related documents, Annual Program Reports (APR), and Semi-Annual Program reports (SAPR). She/he will be responsible for ensuring that the HBCU program team provides high quality technical products and services, delivers required results, and uses project resources efficiently and cost effectively.
The DMS will also work closely with Senior Program Associates at AIHA/HQ and with Ministry of Health (MOH) officials and staff. The DMS will also liaise with United States-based representative Morehouse School of Medicine. Under the direction of the Project Director, the DMS will also perform a variety of other project related duties.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Data Management Specialist has the primary responsibility for managing and maintaining paper and electronic records gathered from Kanyama. Organizing, verifying, uploading, and analyzing data, will also be his/her responsibility. In addition, s/he will plan for software upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and improving process efficiency of the system. The Data Management Specialist will serve as the primary liaison with HBCU Consortium regarding transfer and uploading data. S/he will provide regular feedback and technical assistance to United States-based staff and Implementing Partners. In addition, s/he will provide technical assistance and training for staff and implementing partners. S/he will develop protocols to measure results and identification of problem areas for sites visited. Maintains files and records in the HIV/AIDS treatment data collection and reporting processes specific to the activities and programs for which he/she is responsible.
He/she is responsible for providing insight to the budgets allocated within assigned project. This includes reviewing budget requests for appropriateness, monitoring use of funds or adherence to proposed activities, quarterly pipelines reviews and budget status reports, following up on irregular findings, and providing advice for realignments and/or redirection of budgets.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Information Science with specialization in numerical computation, biostatistics, statistics or an equivalent degree.
- 3 years of clinical and/or public health experience in developing, implementing and evaluating HIV/AIDS treatment programs or other relevant public health programs that involve coordination with an international agency or implementing partners is required. One additional year of experience at the managerial level with multiple staff is required. Experience working in Zambia on health–related activities strongly desired.
- Knowledge and experience of HIV/AIDS, program design, management and monitoring tools are essential.
- Significant experience in ART programming and service delivery.
- Experience in working effectively and directly with MOH clinics/hospitals, and in particular, PEPFAR funding and programs.
- Excellent team work, inter-personal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated progressive experience working in the field of data management and analysis
- Ability to conduct field work in areas with hardship conditions, in remote areas, for extended periods of time
- Microsoft Office skills are required. Knowledge of spreadsheet development, graphics applications and quantitative or numerical skills for data analysis are required.
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by Tuesday, 16 January 2018 COB. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Please put position you’re applying for in the title of email.