VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The successful candidate will have the responsibility of overseeing the implementation of the EU funded LAND & Justice Project. She/he will ensure that the project is implemented as per project proposal and log frame ensuring adherence to donor requirements throughout the implementation period.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Development studies or professional qualifications related to law or land management.
- Extensive Project management experience, preferably EU projects.
- Practical expertise in Land Rights or Livelihoods programming is an added advantage.
- Strong skills in M&E, including the development and use of appropriate monitoring and reporting tools and systems
- Excellent oral and written communication in English, with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audiences to inform, motivate and inspire.
- Successful experience in grants management
- Ability to work for long hours and to spend at least 50% of time in field locations.
- Clean, valid driving license
- Knowledge of the Bemba language is of added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualifying interested candidates wishing to apply for this role should visit: http://vso.force.com/jobopportunities for job descriptions and further details. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Applications close on 20th January 2018. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews, at which time full supporting documentation will be required.
VSO is an equal opportunity employer valuing inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce and therefore welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Women are encouraged to apply.