SASSCAL invites applications for the position of Programme Coordinator in its Zambia National Node. The Programme Coordinator will represent SASSCAL’s research at a regional level while at the same time ensuring the day to day implementation of the SASSCAL programme in the respective country. S/He assumes responsibility for effective management and successful execution of the SASSCAL programme towards achieving SASSCAL’s mission to strengthen the regional capacity to generate and use scientific knowledge products and services for decision making on climate change and adaptive land management through research management, human capital development and services provision. Duty station will be the respective national office in Windhoek, Namibia and Lusaka, Zambia.
- Support planning and coordination of SASSCAL’s research program and its activities
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Prepare paperwork and order material
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
- Participate in program monitoring, evaluating, and periodic reporting related to the programme
- Serve as a liaison to national partners in the countries, including government officials, Universities and Research Institutions, and local organisation in SASSCAL related programmes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
- A PhD in Natural Science with a Climate Change research component or a research-based MSc in Natural Science and Climate Change with a Postgraduate Diploma in Education. An MBA will be an added advantage.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position
- Proven experiences in research and capacity development
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills. Ability to work effectively under pressure. Ability to maintain pleasant working relationships with individuals of different national and cultural backgrounds. Willingness to travel extensively in the region. Experience in similar position with regional or international organizations is preferred. Proficiency in Portuguese will be added advantage
- The deadline for applications is 20th February 2018.
- Applicants should send a cover letter and a CV with details of relevant experience and three traceable referees
- Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director, Dr. Jane Olwoch
SASSCAL Regional Secretariat
28 Robert Mugabe Avenue (Corner of Robert Mugabe and Newton Street)
P. O. Box 87292
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be notified by 5th of March 2018. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
For further information, please visit www.sasscal.org