John Snow, Inc
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health professionals for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID) PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
JSI is recruiting for the following:
1) Position Title: Data Entry Clerks
Position Type: Full Time
Location: See below
Closing Date: 18th May 2018
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Station: See table below
Supervisor: Strategic Information Unit on CB Province
Data management is an integral component of the HIV/AIDS program implementation, especially on initiating adults and children who test HIV positive. To achieve the required standards of data quality and management, JSI/SAFE requires the services of Data Entry Clerks (DECs) to assist with HIV/AIDS monitoring and evaluation in Zambian government health facilities.
The Data Entry Clerks shall be reporting to: District Health Information Officer/Hospital Information Officer/Health Facility Officer in Charge and SAFE Provincial Strategic Information Officers.
The vacancies are at the following facilities:
|S/N||District||Facility||# of DECs|
|12||Chingola||Nchanga Clinic I||1|
|13||Chingola||Nchanga North Hospital||2|
|14||Kalulushi||Chambishi Govt Clinic||1|
|16||Kalulushi||Kalulushi Govt Clinic||2|
|31||Kitwe||Kitwe Central Hospital||2|
|53||Luanshya||Roan Antelope Hospital||1|
|54||Luanshya||Section 9 Clinic (Roan Township)||1|
|62||Mufulira||Kamuchanga District Hospital||2|
|64||Mufulira||Mufulira Clinic 3||1|
|65||Mufulira||Mufulira Clinic 5||1|
|66||Mufulira||Ronald Ross General Hospital||2|
|68||Ndola||Arthur Davison Hospital||6|
|81||Ndola||Ndola Central Hospital||3|
|82||Ndola||Ndola Railway Surgery||1|
|86||Ndola||ZFDS Medical Center||1|
Total positions is 122
Duties and responsibilities
The Data Entry Clerk shall assist the District Health Information Officer Hospital Information Officer and/or Officer in Charge of the health facility in the compilation, verification, data entry and report writing related to patient care and all other HIV/AIDS services and to perform all necessary functions and obligations as defined and delegated by these supervising officers. He/she will be required to perform the following duties:
- Collect data, completing registers for HIV/AIDS services (ART, CT, PMTCT) in the hospitals/ health facilities offering ART.
- Compile monthly reports for HIV/AIDS services and related Laboratory and Pharmacy service statistics.
- Verify data before submission to SAFE SI/or MoH information officer
- Reconcile HMIS reports with SAFE monthly summation (This applies to indicators are that MoH safe tracking)
- Perform data entry duties using the Electronic Health Record System (SmartCare) for HIV-positive patients at health facilities offering ART and general clinical care services and ensure that SmartCare is up to date.
- Use SmartCare for reporting on a monthly basis to avoid errors in reporting on ART indicators
- Physically count active clients on ART on a monthly basis
- Maintain appointment records for patients on ART and retrieve all files for patients for each clinic day.
- Maintain patient diaries for patients in the ART clinic and manage patient flow and similar tasks during the course of each clinic day
- Inform clients and maintain appointment dates for next visitation with clinician.
- Update the SmartCare database for patients seen on a daily basis.
- Update HIV/Care cards for all activities and events for clinic days (where still in use).
- Update events in the applicable registers (e.g. Pre-ART, Events register and ART).
- Manage patient files on day to day basis for easy retrieval
- Maintain constant feedback with health facility pharmacy staff on Patients who have collected their drugs at commencement.
- Ensure that documentation is complete in all HIV related registers
- Enter Viral Load results in SmartCare and file results in client files within 24 hours of receipt
- Maintain and update High Viral Load electronic register and share with SAFE SI every month
- Display updated graphs on key performance indicators
- Perform any other HIV-related data collection duties as assigned by the supervising officer of the health facility and/or SAFE SI Officers.
Qualifications and experience
The candidate is expected to satisfy the following
- Knowledge of Health Management Information System (HMIS)
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS information systems
- Two to three years working experience in the health sector
- Full Grade 12 certificate or its equivalent
- Diploma in statistics, computer science, monitoring and evaluation, project management or related field desired
- Certificate or higher in a related field with a minimum of 5 years’ of additional experience
- Computer literate
- Experience working with MS Access, Excel and Word
Instructions for submission of applications:
- CVs must be up to a maximum of three pages
- Applications must be submitted in hard-copy to the SAFE Provincial office in Ndola. The address is:
JSI/SAFE Provincial office, Ndola,
P.O. Box 71807,
- The cover letter must specify in the subject line please indicate the district and clinic you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
- The closing date for receiving all applications is 18th May 2018
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.