Amatheon Agri Zambia Jobs : Out – Grower Field Officer
- Company: Amatheon Agri
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
Amatheon Agri is a European agribusiness and farming company developing and operating sustainable agriculture and food projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, headquartered in Berlin. Amatheon Agri Zambia Ltd (AAZ) is a subsidiary of Amatheon Agri Holding N.V. and began farming operations in Mumbwa District in 2012. Since inception, the company has successfully developed over 3,000 hectares of land for rain-fed and irrigated cropping activities and employs over 200 people on a permanent basis.
Amatheon has developed a comprehensive Outgrower Programme that equips small-scale farmers with the necessary knowledge and access to inputs, credit, and a market to expand their businesses.
AAZ is inviting suitable applicants to fill the following vacancy:
OUT – GROWER FIELD OFFICER
This role is responsible for implementing community and social development projects and supervision of AAZ farm shops.
- Conduct community needs assessment
- Build up local capacity for community development
Set performance standards for Farmer Coordinators and Depot Clerks
- Setting up a village trust
- Introducing new farming technology and seed varieties
- Liaise with schools on the feeding programme
- Setting up livestock disease control centre
- Mobilize farmers and link them to credit loans with bank
- Ensure purchase and sale of inputs is done profitably
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Agricultural Science or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in agriculture extension
- Training and Supervisory skills
- Valid driver’s licence
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae not later than Friday 25th May 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted