- Company: Transparency International Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
Transparency International Zambia (TIZ) is a local chapter of the global movement – Transparency International. It is dedicated to the fight of corruption and the promotion of good governance. The organisation is seeking qualified individuals to fill the following outlined position:
Project Officer-Open Contracting for Health (OC4H)
Job Title: PROJECT OFFICER-OPEN CONTRACTING FOR HEALTH (OC4H)
Job Purpose The Project Officer will be responsible for the daily management, delivery and coordination of the OC4H project in Zambia.
- Ensure the smooth day to day delivery, running and project management of the OC4H initiative in Zambia
- Work closely with the OC4H Project Manager to ensure the efficient implementation of the OC4H
- Responsible for ensuring financial and narrative reports are submitted to TI-HI according to the agreed deadlines and to donor requirements
- Liaise with other TI chapters implementing the OC4H project, to exchange lessons learned and implement regional advocacy strategy as required
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings and workshops with government, civil society and private sector stakeholders and other related parties
- Monitor progress of project deliverables and plan according to M&E requirements for the project and participating to internal/external mid-term reviews and evaluations
- Manage diverse and sometimes competing stakeholder interests
- Represent the OC4H programme and TI-HI at some external meetings and conferences
- Willingness to travel regularly within Zambia and overseas (when required)
- Reporting to Programmes Manager
Condition of Work – Office and Field
Education and Professional
- Bachelor or Master-level degree or equivalent experience, ideally in public health, political science, international development, and business ethics would be preferable.
- Must have a full grade 12 certificate.
- At least two year’s similar experience managing and delivering projects from key institutional donors such as DFID, UN agencies, GIZ, etc.
- Strong track record in meeting reporting and project deliverables and deadlines
- Experience of working in government or civil society
- Experience and knowledge in one or more of the following: global public health (ideally health supply chain/procurement), ethics, compliance, and corruption and its impacts
- Experience within and understanding of stakeholders in the healthcare sector
- Experience of communicating effectively with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Proven track record of being able to work independently
- Experience of mapping systems, structures and stakeholders and making recommendations accordingly
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong skills in using MS Office, particularly Excel, which should be to a high standard
- Familiarity with global/public health issues, including procurement
- Strong facilitation skills to conduct trainings and workshops
- Strong numeracy skills
- Data analysis skills (desirable)
How to Apply
Note: All application should be typed and emailed to
or you can simply bring it by hand to plot number 128 Mwambula road Jesmondine Lusaka. For those who wish to post you can write to the address given below. All applications should be sent to the suggested channels by the Friday 31 January 2020. Time 13:00 hours.
The Executive Director Transparency International Zambia House No. 128 Mwambula Road Jesmodine P.O. Box 37475 Lusaka Zambia