- Company: AKROS RESEARCH
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
At Akros, we bring innovative ideas for gathering and using data to development challenges through a “boots on the ground” approach. We have built our organizational culture and nuanced approach to implementation by being where our work is. Akros has been supporting government and partner counterparts from our home base in Lusaka, Zambia for over 10 years. This close, on the ground, partnership has helped to contextualize our work to ensure that we are only scaling the ideas and approaches which will work and will be sustained in under-resourced settings over time.
We have some exciting projects afoot! Akros is designing, building and implementing systems that make significant health impact in cost-effective ways. We are looking for a skilled, technical and detail orientated coordinator who is able to work with our field-based implementation teams, and development partners to ensure the Reveal platform is deployed in multiple countries and to support service delivery across multiple health areas. Best candidates will be ready to jump in and work with our teams and partners for on time scoping, testing and field implementation in multiple settings. The Reveal Coordinator will work with our Reveal team to implement our catalytic implementation model — to upskill country governments and implementing partners on rolling out Reveal in a sustained fashion.
Who are the people we are looking for?
Akros employs passionate, results-oriented self-starters who are willing to take the plunge with us. We are an energetic, fast moving team who often have to divide and conquer to get the job done. We are looking for people to invest in, to learn from, and to share and grow our lessons learned so far. And we are looking for those who can bring new ideas, new perspectives and new bursts of energy and innovation to our team. We have a deep history of people coming to Akros, coming alongside our founders, supporting the same vision they are seeing: to make tangible impact in sustainable ways for the vulnerable populations we are working among. Many past employees, consultants and fellows have created a lasting legacy at Akros through their own innovations which we have helped expand, and in some cases take to scale. If you have an idea that is going to create impact on global health and it fits within our wheelhouse – we are willing to help take that idea to fruition.
- Coordinate Reveal team processes supporting Portfolio Leads and Program Managers in country level scoping, testing and deployment.
- Develop overarching work-plan for all Reveal projects through close coordination with Portfolio Lead, Program Managers and Reveal Team Lead. Manage work-plan on-time delivery.
- Maintain Akros GROW Project Management platform for Reveal related projects
- Set agendas and facilitate Reveal team meetings
- Attend standing meetings including client-facing meetings to share progress, garner country and partner-level feedback
- Elevate deployment bottlenecks or risks to Lead
- Optimize and maintain Reveal structure templates for process control
- Document best practices for system configuration, protocol design, and end-user training.
- Assist Lead to represent Akros and Reveal to national governments, implementing partners, and donors around the globe.
- Provide communication support to capture Reveal news and elevate to out-facing channels
- Actively participate in design team discussions of new product features. Source feedback from field operators and governments
The appropriate candidate will possess:
- At least 3 years of strong project management experience, with demonstrated success, maintaining on-time delivery in a fast-paced, detail-orientated environment. Ideally 2 of these years’ experience in public health in the field of neglected tropical diseases, malaria and/or HIV is considered a plus.
- A depth of international travel experience and past positions working in cross-cultural environments
- Ability to learn new topics and settings quickly and turn that learning around to create solutions to problems
- Experience operating in a developing world context (if international)
- Technical, field-based implementation experience
- Technical writing capability
- Demonstrated ability to operate with minimal instruction in a fast-paced environment; a true self starter.
- Demonstrated ability to productively communicate with remote teams
Useful skills will also include:
- Experience working with a range of government stakeholders
- Training a variety of audiences
- Information system design would be a bonus or understanding of agile software processes would be considered a bonus.
How to Apply
Term, Location and Payment This position will be for a period of 12 to 24 months. Salary is dependent on experience. The position is based in Lusaka, Zambia; remote work will be considered. Frequent travel is expected. To apply, please forward a current CV, three current references and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Reveal Coordinator” as the email’s subject line.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis