- Company: Yellowstripe Resources Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chambishi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Position Title: Rolling Mill Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Number of Positions: Four (4)
Reports To: Rolling Mill Foreman
Job Location: Chambishi, Zambia
Position Summary and Requirements
The Rolling Mill installed at Yellowstripe Resources Zambia Limited is part of the Hardening Section of the steel manufacturing processes. It converts the metal billets into round metal billets on a continuous basis. The Rolling Mill Engineer is responsible for the operations of the machine including the technical functions of the Rolling Mill machinery installed at Yellowstripe Resources Zambia Limited. The suitable candidate must have the required experience and skills that include the following:-
- Experience in operating a Rolling Mill and Forging Mill used in the steel manufacturing process.
- Extensive knowledge on working principles of a Rolling and Forging Mill used in the steel manufacturing industry by operating the machine to produce products based on customer specifications or instructions issued to this department.
- Experience with electrical and electronic functions of the rolling and forging mill and being able to trouble shoot the machinery in an event of any technical failure.
- Maintain effective technical data and reports on the machinery usage during production including maintenance and service records to ensure maximum productivity.
- Operate the machinery by coordinating the machines working principles with the other machinery installed on site that include the Continuous Casting Machine and knowledge of using the ZQ-120 Ayang Forging Press Machine.
- Liaise with the equipment maintenance workshop on producing the wearable parts of the rolling mill in a timely manner as to ensure maximum production.
- Experience with servicing a rolling machine and ensuring that the rollers are aligned with induction heating equipment and the rolling machines to ensure that billets are produced according to the required specifications.
- A Certificate in an engineering/electrical field with Five (5) year experience operating and maintaining a Rolling Mill or similar machines used in the steel manufacturing industry or;
- A valid track record showing experience of Seven (7) year operating and maintaining a Rolling and forging Mill used in the steel manufacturing industry.
This position reports directly to the Rolling Mill Foreman that has the extensive knowledge of supervising the rolling mill section used at Yellowstripe Resources for the steel manufacturing processes and will provide the necessary technical and other support required. Implementing these duties and working as a team with all the members of the Hardening Section, and the other supporting sections such as the equipment maintenance workshop are key responsibilities of the Rolling Mill Engineer.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your CV with relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 30th of March 2020. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.