PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that collaborate closely with Zambia’s MoH, the NTLP, the private sector, and other partners to support the eradication of TB in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on six (Copperbelt, Central, Muchinga, Northern, North-Western and Luapula) of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year Eradicate TB contract aims to increase the number of individuals screened for TB by 50% and increase the TB treatment success rate to 85% in targeted provinces. The four key tasks of Eradicate TB are to:
- Pursue high-quality DOTS expansion and enhancement
- Address TB-HIV, MDR-TB, and the needs of poor and vulnerable populations in six provinces
- Engage all categories of care providers
- Enable and promote research.
PATH seeks to recruit an experienced and qualified Procurement and Logistics Specialist to be based in Lusaka.
- Oversee the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including managing purchase orders.
- Manage the logistics related to project activities such as trainings and workshops, general PATH office operations, and logistical support to province-based staff.
- Manage relationships with major suppliers to procure quality-assured commodities in a timely fashion.
- Review and contribute to requests for procurement approvals and/or waivers provided by the Finance and Operations Director.
- Assist the team in coordinating and resolving procurement issues.
- Ensure that all PATH and donor procurement regulations are followed.
- In collaboration with Finance and Operations Director ensure that all procurement is budgeted properly.
- Coordinate the procurement process for project equipment as well as TB laboratory equipment, including the GeneXpert, digital X-ray technology and cartridges in consultation with both the USAID and Ministry of Health.
- Help to streamline the supply chain system of the lab commodities in the targeted provinces as well as the central level.
- Develop and implement an innovative mentoring program for the NTP staff in supply chain management.
- Oversee inventory of all procured equipment and share information with Chief of Party, Finance and Operations Director, and USAID as requested.
- Coordinate the procurement of renovation works services at the health facilities identified for upgrade over the lifespan of the project
- Supervise the project drivers/Logistics Assistants and manage all fuel accounts.Represent the project on the local Procurement Review Committee
- Minimum of a diploma in a related field plus 5 years’ experience in procurement and/or logistics
- Experience with USAID procurement and reporting regulations is required.
- Familiarity with Zambian import regulations is a preference though not compulsory.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, ability to travel in country of Zambia up to 30%.
- Excellent negotiation and people skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, training, and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to track multiple activities simultaneously.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, including word processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Good working knowledge of MS Project and logistic tools such as ERP will be an added advantage.
- Membership to the relevant professional body in Zambia is required.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com.