- To safely execute maintenance & installation work according to prescribed standards
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Installation of new electrical systems, replacement of old, faulty or redundant Electrical systems as per the Company and vendorâ€™s safety and quality specifications.
- Electrical protection
- Ensure that all electrical equipment have the correct hardware interlock and safety parameter settings for effective and safe operation.
- Adhere to the companies planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Effectively maintain the electrical equipment with the minimum effect on the plant production.
- Reporting and record keeping.
- Report all incidents immediately to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that all Safety and substation logbooks are checked and signed according to the procedure.
- Stock Control
- Ensure that stock levels of electrical equipment are maintained in the warehouse and report all defective or substandard equipment to your direct Supervisor.
- Tools and audit.
- Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within your section
- Report all defective tools, record and control all replacement of tools.
- Training and development.
- No person is allowed to operate any equipment without an official driving permit permit.
- Any other duties as directed by the Direct Electrical Supervisor.
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Certificate
- Electrical Craft Certificate
- Provincial Driving Permit for LMV
- Minimum Two yearsâ€™ experience in a Mining environment working as an artisan.
- Knowledge of LV systems, MCCâ€™s and protection.
- Knowledge of LV and MV Transformers
- Knowledge of Electrical motors
- Maintenance of Overhead cranes.
- Knowledge of variable speed drives, Soft starters and DOL starters
- Good knowledge on the use of electrical measuring instruments.
- Reading electrical drawings
- Computer literate.
- Experience on Power Distribution systems will be an advantage.
- Maintenance of Generator / Power Plants
- Technical Skills
- EIZ Registration
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise/dust
- To do Shift Work When required