Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
The school currently has an opening in its ICT department and is looking for a suitably qualified individual join the LICS community in this role. The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates considered for employment will therefore be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and or police clearance check prior to employment.
1. Job Purpose
- To provide Technical Support by providing efficient and quality service delivery through the IT help desk
- To ensure smooth operations of IT equipment and the network infrastructure deployed in the school
2. Qualifications and experience:
- Completed High School at Grade 12
- Minimum Degree in Computer Science, Preferably a Degree in Computer Science with Education
- Microsoft Certification MSCA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) or MSCE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role and multicultural environment
3. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Installing, maintaining and support of the school’s networks infrastructure: servers, LAN, WAN, WIFI, etc.
- Carry out user management and technical work on the school’s network in line with approved access levels from the HoD and implement security systems to manage access control and compliance.
- Conduct periodic checks on the installed computer and network infrastructure and produce reports for review by the HoD.
- Ensure that all network equipment is configured according to the group’s security standards.
- Configuring servers, routers, switches, firewalls and other network accessories in line with international and LICS agreed standards.
- Ensure third party systems such as Internet, Student Management System, communications systems, HR systems, etc. are available 24/7.
- Implement change requests related to network infrastructure or assign as necessary.
- Ensure that all infrastructure related issues are logged on the Helpdesk.
- Participate in project implementation as assigned.
- Any other duties as assigned by the HoD
Send a cover letter and CV to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for applications: 25th September, 2020