To monitor, direct and accurately record all ore and waste movement throughout the mining area.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Monitor all excavators ensuring that material being mined is loaded efficiently.
- Ensure trucks are directed to the correct Crusher/ Stockpile area/ waste dump as per the shift geologist’s daily plan.
- Ensure each ore/ waste block is clearly demarcated on the ground
- Ensure accurate location of the excavator in relation to the planned mining area and ore block.
- Communicate any geological changes that may occur in the mining area to the shift geologist in order to facilitate the planning process.
- Truck tally sheets must be compiled accurately and neatly.
- Steady flow of material to all crushers. No erratic fluctuations in grade being received by the processing plant. All truck movements can be easily reconciled.
- All mark out pegs and flagging tapes are preserved and damaged ones replaced.
- Maps and plans are updated hourly with the new face position, information for each ore block accurately recorded on the tally sheet
- Any changes in grade or geology can be communicated timely and effectively to the shift metallurgist.
- Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and English at level of credit or higher
- Nil, Trained on site.
- Well disciplined, physically fit, calm, self motivated and intelligent with no criminal record.
- Physically strong and fit, good arithmetic skills, good communication skills and lifting, bending, pulling, standing and walking for the vast majority of time.