The Outback Café,
Plot 4779, Woodland Buluwe Road,
Our restaurant is searching for a creative and motivated Cook Assistant to join our talented kitchen team. In this position, you will act as the Cook Assistant in our kitchen, following and enforcing our Executive Chef’s requirements and guidelines. Our ideal candidate is a creative professional who is willing to participate in creating delicious seasonal menus and meal designs.
Your duties will include, responding to customer issues, and developing new menu options. You should have excellent communication skills with in-depth knowledge of several cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and processes.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Manage the kitchen in the executive chef’s absence.
- Ensure the kitchen, including all appliances and utensils, is clean
- Responsible for preparing ingredients prior to meal service, such as chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or cleaning food
- Responsible for the storage of food, both incoming stock and leftovers
- Diploma/Certificate in Food Production or equivalent in related field.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Good understanding of MS Office and restaurant software programs.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
All application should be submitted to the physical address above.
Deadline for all application is 30th September 2020
For more details on the location call +260 975 623 224