- Company: Catholic Relief Services – Zambia Country Program
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identify is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and commitment to serving those in need. Since 2000 CRS Zambia has been implementing several programs to support vulnerable Zambians. Its recent programming areas include: nutrition, agriculture, food security, HIV/AIDS, WASH, financial inclusion, and early child development.
The Administrative Assistant provides responsive, effective, and efficient administrative support services in the Administration Unit including Logistics, Fleet, Procurement, Security and Safety in support of the Operations Department. S/he promotes stewardship of resources and ensuring that a high-quality service approach is integrated into administrative systems, policies and procedures. He or She will be reporting to the Administration Manager.
- Provide high quality and efficient support to CP operations and administration functions; receiving/ attending to visitors, receiving and redirecting calls, phone and taxi usage and administration, raising requisitions, processing payment requests, receiving goods
- Provide travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors, event-planning activities including delegation visits, trainings and workshops
- Coordinate with CRS country program assistance on activities when required
- Manage all country program services for utilities and reconcile these in a timely manner to ensure efficient processing of payments.
- Help address challenges that affect the proper stewardship and optimal utilization of program assets and resources
- Ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with CRS Zambia standards and donor and local law regulations
- Recommend changes in office practices and coordinate revision of systems, policies, and procedures to contribute to operational excellence
- Serve as the key liaison and maintain relationships with relevant external stakeholders (service providers, etc.) on assigned administrative matters and ensure required authorizations and documents are up to date
- Minimum of Diploma in Business Administration or Management
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in administrative support functions with an NGO, with increasing responsibility including office management experience
- Procurement experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Planning, organization and time management skills
- Ability to make sound judgment and good decisions
Travel Required: 20%
Key Working Relationships
Internal: All staff.
External: Service Providers
Agency-wide Competencies: These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: The job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Important Note: By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants Instructions: Please email a cover letter, and curriculum vitae which should include three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 21st October 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.