- Company: PIN
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Position: Administrative Assistant
Contract duration: Fixed short-term contract for 6 months
Start date: ASAP
Line Manager: Country Director
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with the headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, providing humanitarian assistance and development aid all over the world. For more information, please see www.peopleinneed.cz
Our mission is to support and improve the livelihood of vulnerable people. We strive for open, informed, engaged and responsible society that would be able to address problems at home as well as in the world. We want to actively participate in shaPINg a society where cultural, ethnic, racial and other differences are a source of enrichment rather than conflict.
PIN’s office in Zambia is currently located in Mongu, Western province. PIN’s programme focusses on rural development using a multi-sectoral approach (agriculture, nutrition, food security, WASH, saving groups, maternal and child health, energy) and on good governance
Description of the Role
The Administrative Assistant will implement transparent and reliable logistics, finance and administrative processes to ensure proper functioning of the office in Lusaka and to ensure compliance with PIN procedures and rules in general. She/He will maintain PIN Zambia Lusaka cash box and ensure correctness of cash transactions. She/He will maintain proper documentation of the same.
- Arranging appropriate accommodation and transport for PIN’s guests and staff;
- Office and event management;
- Responsible for proper running of the office in terms of cleanliness, supplies, monitoring of consumables;
- Support maintenance of vehicle logbooks;
- Procurement tasks as delegated by the Logistician – receive/submit purchase requests, collect quotations, conduct market surveys;
- Transportation – arranging transportation of personnel’s, materials to field operations, preparation of movement’s plans, rent of vehicles, taxi etc;
- Support stock and assets management including regular monitoring and updating of inventories and tracking;
- Ensures smooth running of the office (equipment, water, electricity, internet, cleanliness, supplies etc)
- Deal with administrative requirements connected with PIN’s work
- Conducts procurement as needed respecting PIN’s internal processes
- Manages stock with project materials
- Deal with administrative requirements connected with PIN’s work.
- Responsible for PIN Zambia cash box in Lusaka;
- Maintenance of cash payments (payment of advances, advance clearance, reimbursement of project related expenses) with supervision from FO;
- Maintenance of Lusaka cash register- regular updates and cash inventories (Fridays & month end);
- Checking of bill/invoice correctness – dates, amounts, suppliers, clarity, descriptions, signatures before handing over to FO to upload to ELO;
- Sorting, scanning, filling of PIN FIN/Admin forms;
- Making payment to PIN stakeholders with proper documentation;
- Encoding daily transactions, bookkeePINg, regularly reconciling cash books;
- Providing support to the office for mail collection and deliveries.
- Maintenance of cash payments (payment of advances, advance clearance, reimbursement of project related expenses) with supervision from FO
- Maintenance of Navision cash register – regular updates and cash inventories (Fridays & month end)
- Responsibility for PIN cash box
- Checking of bill/invoice correctness – dates, amounts, suppliers, clarity, descriptions, signatures before handing over to FO to upload on ELO
- Sorting, scanning, filing
- Making payment to PIN stakeholders with proper documentation
- Encoding daily transactions in Navision, bookkeePINg, regularly reconcile cash books
- Any other tasks assigned by line manager
Note: All the above key responsibilities are for guidance purpose only. Specific and detailed job responsibilities would form part of the job contract of the applicant selected for the position. People In Need (PIN) does not grant settling-in allowance.
PERSON SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Work Experience and Knowledge
- Experience in similar position
- Knowledge of Zambian regulations for financial processes
- Ability of record keePINg
- Experience in office management is an advantage
- Experience in logistics is an advantage
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Word, Excel and email is a must; knowledge of any finance software is an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Highly organized, reliable, honest, dynamic and self-motivated, ability to work under high pressure and prioritize tasks
- Willing to learn and grow within the organization
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Diploma/Degree in finance, banking, office administration or related field
- Please submit your application including a detailed CV (Max 2pages), copies of academic credentials/certificates, salary expectation and other data by filling in the form via the apply now button.
- All completed application must clearly mention on top the position applied for and must reach to above address of People in Need office before, October 30, 2020 17:00 Hours (CAT)
- Due to limited resources, Human Resource will only contact the shortlisted candidates.
- If selected for interviews, these candidates will be expected to complete a short written assessment test before the formal interview
- Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of three (3) or more favourable written reference(s) (from your most recent employer, any other previous employer and a character reference). In case clarification is required post the receipt of complete reference forms, People in Need reserves the right to call the referees.
- Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
Closing Date : 19 Nov, 2020