- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Electrical Shift Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in establishment of preventative and responsive electrical maintenance in the mining area equipment’s, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions.
- Installation of new electrical systems, replacement of old, faulty or redundant Electrical systems as per the Company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
- Electrical protection
- Ensure that all electrical equipment have the correct hardware interlock and safety parameter settings for effective and safe operation.
- Adhere to the companies planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Effectively maintain the electrical equipment with the minimum effect on the mining production.
Reporting and record keeping.
- Report all incidents immediately to the Supervisor.
- Tools and audit.
- Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within your section
- Report all defective tools, record and control all replacement of tools.
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Certificate
- Electrical Certificate
- Zambian driving License (Valid)
- Minimum Three years’ experience in a Mining environment working as an artisan.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
Required Experience & Skills:
- Minimum five years’ experience in a Mining environment working as an artisan.
- Knowledge of low voltage systems, 24vdc
- Knowledge of MV and HV transformers
- Knowledge of AC and DC electrical motors
- Knowledge of Electric rope shovels, Electric trucks and Electric drills
- Knowledge of Ancillary equipment such as grader, dozer and loader
- Knowledge of Hydraulic excavator and drill
- Knowledge of variable speed drives, Soft starters and DOL starters
- Good knowledge on the use of electrical measuring instruments.
- Reading electrical drawings
- Computer literate.
- Previous PLC experience
Closing Date : 19 Nov, 2020