- Company: Chemonics International Inc
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit for the following position of:
Position Title : Receiving Specialist (1 position)
Reporting : Distribution Centre Logistics Advisor
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Receiving Specialist will provide technical assistance to improve receiving procedures for public health commodities at the central medical stores, Medical Stores Limited (MSL). The Receiving Specialist will be responsible for advising on process improvement for receiving, to include put-away, palletizing, stock counts, and volumetric data collection. The specialist will analyze and monitor operational data and will support continual improvement initiatives for receipt of public health commodities and inbound shipment planning.
- Promote technical assistance for MSL in product receiving to meet international standards and practices for pharmaceutical warehouses;
- Advise on process improvement for technical areas pertinent to receiving, to include put-away, palletizing, stock counts, etc.;
- Ensure the quality of data capture at point of receipt is accurate befitting the right product with the correct unit of measure and quantity accurately recorded;
- Support continual improvement initiatives for implementing and monitoring standards (including KPI tracking, temperature monitoring, product security, expiry management, quality control (i.e. quarantining and validation);
- Analyze and report on operational data (i.e. receipts per day, put-away per day, rework);
- Provide technical coordination for hub replenishment processes to curb/avoid stockouts at the regional hubs;
- Provide technical assistance in utilization of tools for volumetric data collection, such as Cubiscan;
- Support daily activity planning and monitoring, to include daily workload planning and monitoring;
- Provide technical advice on recommended management information system improvements to improve receiving;
- Examine incoming shipments to ensure they meet specifications as advised by Advance Shipping Notice (ASN);
- Investigate discrepancy and resolve situations where items received are not properly documented;
- Support inbound planning and coordinate with GHSC-PSM staff to exchange stock status information and POD data capture for GHSC-PSM deliveries;
- Support monitoring of supplier performance (i.e. adherence to palletization requirements);
- Perform regular product warehouse audits to ensure that products are not damaged and are properly maintained throughout the warehouse;
- Be the point of contact person for the capture of GS1/serialization data and ensure it is captured accurately in the Warehouse Expert System.
- Provide input into development and management of annual work plans for distribution center logistics based on GRZ and USG priorities;
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently;
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with the Distribution Center Logistics Advisor.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply – Professional Diploma (MCIPS) or a related field required;
- Minimum four (4) years of experience working in supply chain management, with experience in distribution center logistics and the private sector preferred;
- Knowledge of logistics software or transport management systems preferred;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Strong data analytics skills and project management skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
Location of assignment: Lusaka, Zambia
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and highest necessary qualifications to PSMZambiaRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org by 17pm on Tuesday November 3, 2020. Please include clearly the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.