SCAW Limited is a Copperbelt based Manufacturing Company. Established in 1960 in Kitwe – Zambia. The Company seeks to employ suitably qualified, experienced and result oriented individuals to fill up the following positions on two years contracts renewable depending on individual performance:
1. Safety Coordinator (1)
Overall Job Purpose:
Participate in planning, coordinating, and implementing a comprehensive occupational Safety and Health program as approved by SCAW’s management
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Implements approved Safety plans and programs in the Plant and monitor employees’ compliance with safety and Health policies in order to eliminate injuries and incidents.
- Conducts periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies and develop suitable communication materials for safety training and drills in order to mitigate identified risks.
- Participates in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for Plant employees, contractors and visitors.
- Coordinates and conduct work area assessment, surveys, and program evaluations to determine the presence of hazardous conditions, such as noise exposure, chemical exposure, indoor/outdoor air quality, light levels, confined space, and ventilation in shop floor areas.
- Facilitates safety sessions at periodic HSE refresher training and perform safety drills at the Plant, in line with approved schedules.
- Evaluates hazardous conditions and recommend appropriate controls in order to mitigate the risks.
- Performs or assists with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties
- Supports in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents
- Provides information to Compensation Administrators for timely processing of compensation benefits for injured individuals
- Administers random and post-accident testing programs and ensure accurate and complete documentation of results/ findings
- Conducts periodic inspections of SCAW’s Plant to assist managers and supervisors in environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences, and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
- Grade twelve full (12) certificate
- Minimum Diploma / Degree in Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental Studies
- Formal training in QMS and Integrated Management Systems (SHEQ)
- Valid General First-Aid Certificate.
- At least three years-based experience in a Manufacturing, Mining, Metallurgical or Engineering field that implements QMS.
Applicants who meets the above requirements should submit their applications with copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references, academic/ professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Monday, 30th November, 2020.
Corporate Services Department
P.O Box 20418,
Or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com