- Company: USAID
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
USAID DISCOVER-Health project supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
Position Title: Procurement Assistant
Reporting: Procurement Manager
Duration: Eight Months, up to September 2021
Specific Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Maintain a register for all documents/samples/tender or bids received at all times.
- Update accruals on a daily basis by ensuring that the information have activity/budget code and complete description.
- Assist the procurement specialist with review and approval of all procurement documentation.
- Liaise with accounts department on all hotel bills which needs to be processed for payment
- Ensure that all invoices received are logged in the invoice tracker in readiness for payment.
- Prepare a ZRA LPO according to the invoice and submit complete documentation to accounts for payment.
- Communicate and report all challenges to the Senior Procurement Specialist for resolution
- Prepare and raise all ZRA LPOs ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain and update RFQ/RFP trackers indicating current status
- Maintain a comprehensive e-filing system for JSI Home Office/Lusaka HQ Purchase orders, ZRA LPOs and scanned summaries, customs documents and USAID approvals.
- Assist the Senior Procurement Specialist with other regions analyzing them and ensure complete procurement documentation are processed according to JSI processes and procedures.
- Maintain the ZRA LPO tracking sheet and make sure it is updated on a weekly basis.
- In the absence of the Procurement Specialist, assist in obtaining quotations, compiling and analysing cost information and assist in the selection of vendors, including preferred vendors.
- Maintain an up-to-date procurement tracker at all times for easy reference by all departments.
- Ensure vendors receive and sign both JSI Local Purchase Order and ZRA LPOs and that invoices and receipts are issued for ALL purchases made by the project
- Maintain a filing system for all JSI USAID DISCOVER-Health contracts, service level agreement and Visual Compliance file for all vendors (to file alphabetically and to ensure they are updated every 6 months).
- Ensure that PR/Purchase Order book/Invoice book/ZRA LPO books are kept in safe custody with the Senior Procurement Specialist at COB every day.
- Minimum Professional Qualification Diploma/Advanced Certificate in Purchasing and Supply with a full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Must be registered with CIPS/ZIPS or ZPPA,
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in similar position
- Highly proficient in common computer packages (e.g. Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point)
Skills and Attributes:
- Good analytical and negotiating skills with ability to easily communicate in a clear and courteous manner with all colleagues and vendors necessary.
- Working knowledge and understanding of USAID procurement policies and Federal Rules and Regulations is an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Previous work experience with USAID and other donor-funded projects highly preferred; or experience of working with an INGO is an added advantage.
- Highly proficient in common computer packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work.
- Must maintain confidentiality for all company and staff proprietary matters
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal, teamwork, Good writing and organizational skills
Please send a written application via email. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full addresses and contact telephone numbers of at least 3 referees.
Please send e-mail applications, stating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 22nd January 2021
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.