- Company: Family Legacy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Family Legacy Missions Zambia exists to glorify God by empowering vulnerable children in Zambia to live out their God given potential.
The Clinical Officer provides professional care for patients following established standards and practices. Greets patients, collects clinical information, and performs physical examination. Provides care of patients under the supervision of the physician including administering medications (injections, IV therapy, distributing sample medications), performing treatments, prescribing medications within his/her scope of practice, and provides patient assessment and education.
- Work in harmony with other members of the healthcare team to provide quality service to patients.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Take part in quality assurance audits, including continuing education, medication administration review, and peer review.
- Ensure continuous flow of communication with leadership of healthcare clinic to enhance quality of healthcare service to patients.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Document care and all health findings while maintaining all records as per national and HPCZ guidelines. No care plans are administered without documentation.
- Assess and coordinate patient’s continued care needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Participate in the identification, reporting, and management of students suspected of being abused or neglected.
- Correspond with parents/guardians on health plan and needs of the child.
- Maintain an environment of patient, team member, and employer confidentiality.
- Wear personal protective equipment as per Infection Control and HWC policy.
Skills and Competencies
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Possess excellent project execution skills, be detail oriented, and possess the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess and be willing to display a positive attitude and willingness to be a positive agent for change.
- Possess the ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities; be flexible.
- Be able to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing), and consistently demonstrate a positive/proactive service attitude.
- Consistently maintain ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, and among all employees and members of the public.
- Possess a working knowledge of all national regulations that impact clinic operations.
- Hold a Diploma or Degree as a Clinical Officer.
- Maintain an active practicing license with the Health Professions Council of Zambia.
- Hold current (validated within the last 12 months) CPR and/or Advanced Life Support certification.
- Qualifications and experience in HIV treatment preferred.
- Qualifications and experience in Intensive Care medicine preferred.
- Possess the ability to work flexible and extended hours and travel as needed.
- Have the ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds. Possess a strong desire to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
The specific statements shown in each section of this Job Description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform this job successfully. The job’s responsibilities/tasks may be modified and/or expanded over time. Family Legacy Missions Zambia will inform the employee when changes in the respective job description are made.
Interested candidates should email their CVs and scanned academic certificates to email@example.com, clearly labeling the position applied for in the subject line and finalize the process by following the link below.
Clinical Officer- forms.gle/CxLVB1cEFHbx66xS9
Closing date is 29th January 2021.