- Company: Orbis International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
The Telehealth team is responsible for technology support of Orbis programs, which includes the telemedicine and online learning platform, Cybersight.
The team focuses on integrating Cybersight with Orbis programs across the world and work together to expand Orbis’s clinical, educational and technology initiatives while developing long-term relationships with physicians, telehealth-partnering hospitals, educators, and IT & communications specialists. The team also closely monitors trends and new innovations in the healthcare technology and public health space that should be nurtured in order to revolutionize practice in the low-resource settings we serve.
The Software Developer is a new role within Orbis that supports our goal of ending avoidable blindness around the world by building the capacity of health care professionals to detect, diagnose and treat blinding eye conditions.
As a member of the Telehealth team within the global program department, the Software Developer is responsible for mainly development and maintenance of telemedicine application delivered through the Cybersight platform.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Reporting to Product Manager – Cybersight, Software Developer will work within a small team devoted to Cybersight telemedicine application development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop new features, modify existing features, and fix bugs within the application developed in Liferay DXP platform.
- Implement unit and integration tests.
- Write technical documentation as needed.
- Contribute in all phases of software development lifecycle.
- Provide immediate support for production application when needed.
- Be available to work with team members in US between 8 am – 10 am EST.
- Perform deployment and maintenance activities – candidate will be provided training.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years working as a software developer using Java technologies.
- Experience with following technologies: Java 8, JSP, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Tomcat, AWS (EC2, RDS, S3 etc.), Git, Gradle.
- Experience working with frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, JPA.
- Experience working with Relational Database and SQL queries.
- Experience working with REST web-services.
- Preferred: Liferay DXP, Alloy UI.
- Preferred: Experience of managing applications on AWS.
- Preferred: Healthcare domain experience.
- Preferred: Mobile app development experience – especially with React Native.
- Preferred: Experience with any of the following: Angular, React, Vue.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to write clean code ensuring excellent technical quality.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Ability to work with or learn new tools, languages and technologies, ex: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc.)
- Good communication skills.
To learn more about Orbis, go to www.orbis.org.
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and marginalized communities who are underrepresented in the international NGO sector who reflect the five Orbis values of Trust, Caring, Commitment, Accountability, and Excellenc
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.
Closing Date : 23rd March, 2021.