- Company: BAT
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
OVERALL PURPOSE: To have overall accountability of the production processes ensuring that demand is fulfilled at the right Quality, Cost & Efficiencies while complying to all Environment, Safety & Health Standards. Effective overview of all the Supply chain processes on site to ensure that the factory maintains right levels of raw materials, finished goods & supplies while complying to all applicable standards.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- EHS: Ensure a safe working environment by leading the team to implementation & adherence to all environmental, Safety & Health standards in the Production & Supply Chain areas
- Quality: Ensure all Production inputs & Outputs meet quality standards
- Efficiencies: Improve the factory efficiencies by driving the implementation of the Integrated Work Systems (IWS)
- Cost & Productivity Savings Management: Effective management of the Production & supply chains budgets and leading the various productivity savings projects.
- Team Leadership: Lead, inspire & motivate the Production &Supply chain teams. Build the capability of the teams based on capacity gaps & business needs.
- Production Planning: Ensure robust product planning to meet sales demand on-time -in full (OTIF)
- Materials & Services Supply overview: Ensure quality inputs (directs & Indirects) and services are maintained at the right level to meet internal customer requirements on-time -in full (OTIF)
- Service Delivery: Plan and prepare processes/ methodology aimed at improving service delivery and cost base. Set clear parameters, appraisal systems and formulate procedures to address the gaps for continuous improvement.
- Sales & Operations Planning (S & OP): Support the S&OP process and ensure the importance/impact of accurate forecasting is emphasized and the potential danger of over/under stocking is highlighted as regards to lost sales and write-off.
- Stake Holder engagement: Proactive and effective engagement of Internal & external stakeholders to deliver business objectives.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Engineering /Technical related Degree
- More than 5 years Production Management experience
- A qualification in Purchasing & Supplies
- Good People Leadership & Management skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good Communication skills
- Experience in working with world class manufacturing systems/lean manufacturing would be an added advantage
WE ARE BAT
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BAT.com/job/Lusaka-Production-and-Supply-Chain-Manager/656041901/?feedId=250101&utm_source=LinkedInJobPostings&utm_campaign=BAT_Linkedin” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7 April. 2021