- Company: Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mazabuka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Baltimore, USA, with funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is implementing together with other implementing partners are implementing the Zambia HIV Epidemic Control for Key Population (Z-CHECK) grant. The Z-CHECK project partners with the Government of the Republic of Zambia and community based civil society to implement community-based combination HIV prevention interventions to ensure that all people living with HIV (PLHIV) know their status, are linked to treatment and achieve viral suppression. The project targets Priority and Key populations of Mazabuka, Monze, Choma, Kalomo and Livingstone of Southern Province of Zambia. University of Maryland is now hiring for the position of Key Population Coordinator.
The KP coordinator will work closely with the Provincial Coordinator and the KP technical lead to ensure the smooth running of KP programming for the Z-CHECK in Southern Province under the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation in Zambia. The KP coordinator will act as the liaison between KP Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Ministry of Health, and the UMB Country Office. He/ She will provide programmatic support in program implementation and will be responsible for the day to day implementing of the KP program.
Location: Mazabuka with 50% field based
This role shall perform the following functions
- Design and implement a coordinated response to the biomedical interventions for HIV, while monitoring and implementing the strategic objectives for key populations.
- Establish/strengthen differentiated service delivery models that meet the needs of the key population with the focus on HIV prevention and testing services
- Conduct community mobilization and demand generation for the uptake of HIV prevention
- Analyze collected information from the target locations and prepare summaries, briefing notes, implementation plans, and roadmaps.
- Represent UMB in the field and act as a liaison person between KP Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Ministry of Health, and the UMB Country Office.
- Coordinate partner activities within the district(s), so they complement each other for the benefit of clients, without duplication
- Maintain a good working relationship with district stakeholders including District AIDS Coordinator, District Health Office
- Support the link between CSOs, KPs, and the health care workers both in public and private settings for discrimination and stigma-free service provision.
- Responsible for ensuring peer outreach messaging are well-targeted, utilizing evidence-based approaches, and are specific to each key population group based on the culture, age, and geographic location.
- Responsible for ensuring program targets are met for each of the district(s) by collaborating with technical, program, and partner staff to manage program implementation closely
- Train and mentor the key population community health workers and ensure quality HIV prevention and testing services are conducted in the community
- Support initial and ongoing assessment of key population cascade indicators and root cause analysis including identification of gaps in prevention and testing
- 5-year plus experience working with HIV/AIDS and key populations programs in Zambia
- Degree in Public Health or any other social sciences related field
- Certificate in Psychosocial counselling and HIV testing
- Demonstrated experience in supervising community health workers
If you meet the above requirements, you are invited to submit your cover letter and CV as one document electronically only to the Human Resources and Administration Director through smrtr.io/5cL9H . Applications for this position should be
submitted by COB Thursday March 25, 2021.
- Please note that MGIC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Please indicate your position you are applying for in your CV subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted