- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Overall Job Purpose
The Assistant Mining Engineer – Drill & Blast designs, is responsible and accountable for delivering Drill and blast designs inclusive of timing designs and post blast fragmentation analysis.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Drill designs as required by the drill scheduling engineer.
- Blast designs to follow all drill designs
- Be the second point of contact for the mining production team regarding drill and blast designs
- Ensure that all monitoring systems regarding blast analysis are maintained.
- Ensuring that designs take cognisance of all constraints
- Maintain high performing service support functions
- Issuing of mining control data to be used by surveyors
- Plan, organize and follow up on work, ensuring that tasks and schedules are fully understood within the team, handing over or escalating as required.
- Ensure relevant mining production personnel are up to date on any changes in the mine plan.
- Continuous commitment to health and safety practises.
- Advise and provide recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities in work processes.
- Be accountable for the quality of service and performance
Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in a large hard rock open pit mining environment.
- Some experience in performing drill and blast designs
- Exposure to multicultural environments.
- Work experience in the mining sector.
- B Eng. Mining Engineering
- Blasting License
- EIZ and ERB registration
- Current driving license
Job Specific Competencies
- Basic mining knowledge and experience
- Basic skills in the MS office suite and drill and blast design software
- Semi – Skilled in the delivery of a wide range of mine planning services, able to provide the highest level of customer support, with excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Operational skills to include troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making.
- Strong and motivated team lead with well-developed interpersonal, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Time management – having the ability to work on multiple activities and manage competing priorities.
- Motivated & passionate
- Able to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Holistic understanding of the mining process
Closing Date : 20th April, 2021.