- Company: Mabiza Resources Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly-owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
1. Role: MINE GEOLOGIST
Reporting: CHIEF GEOLOGIST
Job Purpose: Responsible for the coordination and execution of daily survey tasks and related activities at the mine and maintain single reference database of survey control, by ensuring that appropriate survey control and integrity of data is fully maintained.
2. Responsibilities: –
- Ensuring that relevant Hazard Identifications and Risk Assessment (HIRA) is done before works can be undertaken.
- Establishing and monitoring primary and secondary controls within the mining lease, this includes leveling of controls with an automatic or digital level as well as the documentation of the control and closure accuracies and adjustments;
- Ensuring all control sampling is undertaken and analysis of results are available
- Maintain the integrity of the survey computer directories and records of all files in the survey database.
- Setting out of all mine design and geological requirements, this includes preparation of set out plans for all designated staff to utilize.
- Carrying out stockpile surveys regularly to enable accurate stockpile volumes to be calculated at the end of each month for reconciliation and ore stock calculations;
- Ensuring all works are correctly undertaken to avoid reworks that attract additional costs.
3. Skills & Qualifications: –
- Grade 12 School Certificate or it’s equivalent.
- BSc / BMinSc in geology or related field from a four-year college or university; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: One year or more experience in exploration or mining geology, preferably underground.
- Basic Underground Common Core
- Proficient with Microsoft and AutoCAD software.
- Preferred: Knowledge of Surpac or equivalent modeling software helpful.
- Familiar with various mining methods.
- Good at interpersonal skills.
- Natural aptitude for mathematics and science (especially chemistry and physics)
- Visualize three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings.
- Able to make quick, logical decisions
- Supervise and lead others.
- Ability to draw up strategic plans
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to: –
Human Resources Business Partner
Or email your application and C.V. to email@example.com
Closing Date: 15th April 2021