- Company: Zambia Red Cross Society
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Position: Accounts Assistant – Cashier
Reporting to: The Accountant
Work Place: Headquarters – Lusaka
The Zambia Red Cross Society (ZRCS) is a Humanitarian Organization established in 1966 by an Act of Parliament CAP 307 of the laws of Zambia as an auxiliary institution that augments government efforts in humanitarian assistance. ZRCS is part of the International Red Cross movement known as International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). In line with its mandate, ZRCS works with various actors in collaboration with Government of Zambia in responding to both man-made and natural disasters. In order to strengthen coordination and management of its finance and accounting unit, ZRCS hereby invites applications from self-motivated, qualified and experienced individuals to fill the positions of Accounts Assistant – Cashier
Accounts Assistant – Cashier shall report to the Accountant. She/he will receive payments and issue receipts, and keep track of all cash and credit transactions. She/He will ensure all transactions run smoothly and will help the Accountant maximize customer satisfaction by ensuring a balanced cash register, and accurate reports for credit and debit sales are proper maintained and up to date. She/He shall be responsible for receipting and banking of all funds received within 24hrs and ensure that all payments have complete documentation and attention to detail before processing payment and deposits.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 – 4 years experience preferably in an NGO setup
- ZICA Technician, ACCA or ATD qualifications
- Excellent Communication skills with attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the accounting principles, practices, standards and laws.
- Proficiency in MS Office and accounting software & databases (A must)
- Proficiency in working with and analysing huge volumes of data
- Proficiency in English
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Basic book-keeping and math skills.
- Good typing skills
- Working long hours on the computer
- Able to present the transactions in an easy to understand format
- Strong numerical skill
To apply, kindly click on the link below:
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVIUNG APPLICATION IS ON 14TH APRIL 2021 AT 17:00HRS AND NO LATE SUBMISSIONS SHALL BE ACCEPTED.
Zambia Red Cross Society IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER