- Company: Grassroot Soccer Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Grassroot Soccer Zambia (GRS) is a Zambian Not for Profit Organization working with adolescents and young adults across eight(8) provinces in Zambia and brings deep experience in adolescent SRHR, combination HIV prevention, adolescent ART adherence, GBV prevention and linkage to survivor services, positive youth development, and community mobilization. The GRS model trains young adult mentors (“Caring Coaches”) as community change agents to deliver age appropriate and gender-sensitive curricula (“SKILLZ”) that combine football metaphors and activities with high impact health and life skills information to: build young people’s ASSETS – their health knowledge and self-confidence to use it; improve their demand for and ACCESS to health and social services; and promote ADHERENCE to healthy behaviors and pro-social norms.
Grassroot Soccer Zambia (GRS) will be implementing a 5 months community-led monitoring programme to strengthen the cooperation between clientele receiving PEPFAR supported HIV services and national-level stakeholders in improving HIV care across Zambia. The proposed monitoring initiative will place People Living With HIV (PLHIV) across Lusaka Province at the center of discussions to candidly share their experiences and challenges with HIV programmes and services. The project objectives will be 1) build a coalition for monitoring and advocacy; 2) source/solicit recommendations from PLHIV and priorities for action; 3) increase stakeholder awareness about challenges faced by PLHIV and advocate for solutions; 4) strengthen ownership and leadership of PLHIV in monitoring progress.
GRS is in the process of recruiting for the role of Program Coordinator, the focus of the role is the overall leadership, quality control and supervision of the implementation of the project activities. Overall responsibility for providing support and data collection processes across all the districts of Lusaka province in Lusaka Zambia.
- Ensure continuous implementation of the program in collaboration with the Project Lead
- Liase with Project Lead on the recruitment plan and actively recruit Community Monitors
- Provides guidance in decision making concerning daily planning and realisation of activities in accordance with approved program schedule.
- Engages and supervises Community Monitors
- Human resources management of facilitators including background checks.
- Finalising monthly reports of Community Monitors for submission to the Project Leader on time
- Participate in Training of Community Monitors and help CDT in planning for trainings.
- Implement Community Monitors recruitment plan as per instructions from Project Lead and participate in Community Monitors’ interviews
- Conduct pro-active regular site visits to all sites across the target districts in Lusaka province.
- Assist in the inventory of all program materials purchased for participant use.
- Ensure compliance of activities with project policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure Timesheets are filled in correctly and submitted to the Finance Officer on time ensuring Community Monitors
- Monitor implementation of project activities and realisation of project milestones
- Ensure that the synergies between the current organisation’s activities and the project are realised
- Perform performance evaluations and maintain accurate record keeping of all documentation.
- Promote communication and interaction within the organisation and with outside health facilities (Sister In-charges and relevant health staff) and local partner organisations
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager.
- At least 3 years of proven project management experience advantage in a non-governmental organization working with young people
- Working experience in cross cultural settings
- Understanding of financial and operational management issues
- Direct experience of budgeting, fiscal control and financial planning
- Understanding and experience in research will be an added advantage
- Degree in Social Sciences (Public Health, Social Work, Development Studies or any other related field from a recognised institution)
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Fluency in spoken Nyanja, Soli or Tonga will be an added advantage.
Ideal candidate should demonstrate the following traits:
Day to day, they are….
- Proactive: can anticipate both opportunities and obstacles and take action
- Professional: level-headed; ability to de-escalate difficult situations, behave exceptionally, and manage/minimize distractions
- Problem Solvers: comfortable with ambiguity, can creatively unlock bottlenecks and turn problems into opportunities
…they demonstrate lots of…
- Common Sense: prioritizing the right things at the right time; making good, quick, informed decisions balancing multiple issues and points of view
- Self-awareness: know where one’s blind spots are, recognize differences, and build a team to complement one’s skills and weaknesses
…and a strong bias for…
- Follow-through and outcomes: deliver results, not just create lots of activity
- Treating people well: empathetic, kind, great listener, yet can make tough decisions and hold oneself/others accountable
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 16th April, 2021.