- Company: Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency
- Location: Zambia
- State: Choma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency is the largest pharmaceutical and medical distributor in Zambia. It contributes to the pharmaceutical component of health care provision in Zambia through: –
- Procurement of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- Warehousing of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- Distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to all districts and public sector hospitals
- Monitoring of usage trends and analyzing of logistics information
- Maintaining existing and establishing new relationships with stakeholders and partners in order to develop supply chain services in line with existing and future needs
- Providing services to customers professionally
In order to enhance our services, we are seeking to employ for the following position:
HUB MANAGER (2) – CHOMA HUB and MPIKA HUB
Grade: MSL 4
Main Job Purpose
To organize the safe and efficient storage and distribution of pharmaceuticals and health supplies at the Hub level and ensure that all commodities are delivered to the clients correctly and on time. Also accountable for the successful operation of the hub.
1. Strategic Planning and Hub operations
- Responsible for all hub operations including resource allocation and coordination, coordinating drivers, vehicles, loads, journeys, fuel and fleet management.
- Responsible for overseeing the product receipt processes, product marshalling and dispatch.
- Ensuring inbound products and outbound orders are processed accurately, securely and within agreed service levels.
- Collects logistics information from clients including the management of flow of paperwork up and down the supply chain.
- Implements and monitors best practice of Hub operations
- Oversees IT Systems operations (Warehouse Expert)
- Ensures maximum accuracy and security of company’s electronic data
- Accurately enters orders from health centers into WMS (Warehouse Expert) ZAMMSA
(Former Medical Stores Limited)
2. Financial Resource Management
- Oversee the financial management for hub operation including authorization and disbursement of cash,
- Ensuring that all financial reporting and management accounts are prepared and submitted timely.
- Provides overall leadership and management of the Regional hub
- Provides management, motivation and organization of a small team, ensuring they are trained to a standard that enables agreed service levels to be met
- Assists in the development of systems and processes used within the Hubs including setting key performance indicators
4. Corporate Governance
- Preparing relevant paperwork for regulatory bodies such as ZAMRA
5. Stakeholders and general public
- Represents MSL in regional/provincial/stakeholder meetings
- Works with health centers, MOH provincial and district Centre’s to manage products returns (expired, damaged etc.)
- Liaises with the MOH district and provincial pharmacists for review of orders and hub operations in accordance to ZAMRA requirements
- Attentive to detail
- Sober minded
- Management, Supervisory and Human resource skills
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent Computer skills (knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint is a must) ZAMMSA
(Former Medical Stores Limited)
- Good Product knowledge
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Certificate,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and an additional qualification in Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 4 years’ work experience in the health sector supply chain
If you fit the above profile, please submit your application and an updated CV with relevant supporting documents not later than 30th April 2021 on the address below. The applications should be submitted via email only and clearly indicating the POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE. E.g. HUB MANAGER-CHOMA
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 30207, Lusaka.
Please Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted
For clarifications please call HR Office on Ext.4213