- Company: Zazu Africa (Zazu)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Zazu is a fintech start-up that provides mobile payment services to the Zambian market.
Our vision is to create the most helpful digital money account, ever. An account that makes it easy to understand where and how your money is going, that automatically categorises spending and gives you the data you need to make informed decisions.
As the Compliance Manager, you will be tasked to guarantee the company is compliant with local and international regulations. You will also support product development by providing insights into the necessary compliance requirements we need to cater for.
You will be responsible for a variety of tasks – from reporting and liaising with organisations such as the Bank of Zambia and the Financial Intelligence Centre, to providing legal support to the organisation, ensuring we have measures in place to prevent AML and CTF activities and remain compliant to the laws of Zambia.
You will also support the team in navigating compliance-related operational challenges, mentoring on best practices, and advocating for compliance rules implementation.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Revising and where necessary creating compliance policies and processes for the company
- Supporting different departments (product, customer service, operations, etc.) with compliance insights
- Ensuring the team is aware and trained on the necessary compliance frameworks
- Keeping up to date with the development of regulations that affect the company
- Liaising with key organisations and regulators to ensure the company is always compliant and well positioned
- Reviewing and upgrading company contracts (including NDAs, T&Cs and other contracts)
- Taking responsibility for monthly returns, renewing licenses etc. as needed.
You should apply if you have:
- At least 3 years experience in Compliance / Legal / Risk, possibly with a fintech or a financial service provider
- Understanding of payment services landscape and mechanics
- Previous experience liaising with regulatory bodies
- Have knowledge of AML / CTF
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- ZIALE certification (an advantage)
- Great command of the English language (written and spoken)
- You are genuinely excited about the mission before us
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Compliance Manager Application” as the email subject. The deadline for applications is the 1st of May 2021, at 18 hours. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For any questions about the position, please email: email@example.com
Please notice that this job description is intended as an outline of the areas of activity and can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the company and will be reviewed as necessary in conjunction with the post-holder