- Company: WVI
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Child Protection Officer
Purpose of the Position:
The Child Protection Officer will ensure the effective, participatory and accountable implementation of the World Vision protection strategy for the humanitarian response to provide timely and effective protection response to children in need and child and youth care workers. The officer will lead and supervise all child protection related interventions within the refugee transit center and 5 outreach centers. S/He will be able to contribute to the World Vision protection approach with an emphasis on World Vision Zambia’s child and adult safeguarding standards that is preventive and solutions-oriented. The position will function in consultation with multi-functional child protection implementing partners and with UN systems. The incumbent must have the ability to forge strong partnerships with government entities, community leadership, UN agencies, and INGO/NGOs.
- Ensure WV’s responses/programmes adhere to the strategic implementation plan in protection, gender, and conflict sensitivity
- Ensuring WV’s responses/programmes adhere to international standards and tools like, safeguarding/GBV standards
- Develop high-quality prevention and empowerment activities for vulnerable target groups and survivor-centered response service.
- Support the Child Case Management process as identified by community volunteers and other partners
- Provide protection advice to the field team according to policies such as WV Safeguarding, the Sphere, and protection.
- Provide technical input in proposal writing and budgeting for future grants to ensure the programmes are tailored in the light of protection and accountability.
- Support learning on Child Protection and related topics and technical briefs for sharing with National Office and key stakeholders.
- Review data collection tools and participate in conducting research/studies to generate lessons learnt for improved Child Protection for humanitarian
- Utilize and adapt Protection and Behavioral Change learning from monitoring and evaluation processes to inform Humanitarian Intervention.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Policy formulation and analysis, Social Work, Law, Community Development, or a related field with minimum of 2 years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Child psychology and behavior change
- Good knowledge of International Refugee and child Rights Law.
- Computer literate in MS Office package i.e. outlook, word and excel
- Experience in Child rights and responsibilities in Zambia.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and functional teams.
- Demonstrate high-level planning, reporting writing, and communication skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, analytical, and decision-making skills.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 13 May 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
|Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!|
WVI.org/jobs/zambia/child-development/child-protection-officer/16760″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th May, 2021.