- Company: Jesus Cares Ministries (JCM )
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Jesus Cares Ministries is a Faith Based NGO with a call to do development work and bring transformation in poor and vulnerable communities working through the Government Line Ministries, the local churches and the communities. In Partnership with European Union (EU); JCM is implementing a project entitled “Protecting Every child Against Child labour through Education” (PEACE) in Nkeyema and Chipata District.
Jesus Cares Ministries is therefore inviting applications from suitably qualified and innovative individuals to take up the following position:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICERS (1)
Purpose of the Position: To coordinate the implementation of all monitoring and evaluation activities of the project in both district. The job holder will ensure the Performance Monitoring Plan is developed and implemented. He/She will report to the Project Manager and will work in close collaboration with the Project Officer, DCLCs and CCLCs. The M&E Officer will be based in Nkeyema District.
The key responsibilities of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the M&E Manager in the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities, including the development of the project’s performance monitoring plan; development and monitoring of project indicators; implementation of project evaluation; synthesis of data and study outcome reports; quality assurance and auditing of data.
- Assist develop and design databases including applications for data capture and input, report generation, retrieval of data and other functions
- Support needs assessment activities and work with the M&E Manager in the development of a databases, enhancements or modifications to existing databases.
- Lead and conduct advanced data analytics and visualization including design and maintenance of real-time dashboards at different levels of the project
- Ensure data management and analysis processes adhere to JCM standards, ensuring data security and confidentiality.
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s learning activities working closely with other technical staff, including operations research, performance evaluations. Lead efforts to develop studies which inform the improvement of child labour and education service delivery in the target districts.
- Develop and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and project accountability and progress.
- Develop systems for high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Support the project team in identifying and documentation of best practices/lessons and success stories.
- Design and implement mechanisms for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation for project staff, partners, donors, government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Build capacity of partners and other stakeholders in project monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management, and research and learning methods.
- Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
- Deliver presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifacations and Experience
- A Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent and certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong change management, results-oriented, and decision-making skills.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively with partners and stakeholders.
- Must have excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision to meet short-term deadlines.
- Commitment and drive to achieve challenging goals and problem-solving.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications.
- Ability to work under tight timelines, including following deadlines, and attention to detail.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, analytical, networking and engagement skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and functional teams.
- Computer skills inclusive of Word a PowerPoint and Excel.
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to: Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 7th May 2021. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Jesus Cares Ministries is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Jesus Cares Ministries reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.