- Company: Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT) is an indigenous Zambian Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), registered under the laws of Zambia and dedicated to providing high quality health services, social behaviour change interventions, research and capacity building for the improvement of the health status and general wellness of people in Zambia. ZHECT has accumulated a wealth of experience in providing Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV prevention and mitigation services to organisations and communities mainly in Zambia but also within Southern and East African Communities. ZHECT is therefore focused on HIV/AIDS/STI prevention, Sexual Reproductive Health, Gender Based Violence and Economic Empowerment among vulnerable and hard to reach communities.
ZHECT is seeking to employ a qualified and competent Monitoring Evaluation Leaning and Programs Coordinator under the USAID Community Led Monitoring (USAID-CLM) project that ZHECT is implementing in Central Province. The USAID-CLM is a one-year project whose goal is to promote community led monitoring mechanisms that will strengthen collaboration between communities, Health Care Providers and other stakeholders. The project will strengthen the governance system of health care delivery, by increased meaningful community consultation and engagement in health care service delivery by the health facilities within each geographical jurisdiction. The project will also be expected to increase awareness and uptake of health services among constituencies of HIV care (including high and low volume sites) thus increasing uptake of ART and related services and leading to at least 75% of the clients reaching to viral suppression.
Another important objective of the USAID-CLM will be to strengthen the capacity of communities to plan, monitor, evaluate and ensure the quality of prevention interventions by the end of the project.
1. Monitoring Evaluation Leaning and Programme Coordinator (MEL-PC)
The MEL-PC will provide technical support and lead all M&E processes, related functions, systems management, analysis and reporting.
He/She will lead the process of data capturing, management and ensure that Data Associates/Data Entry Officers regularly collect the relevant data, review and enter it into the project databases and periodically analyse and generate reports for community structures that will ensure accountability in service delivery by the health facilities.
Will collate all data from all the districts into the ZHECT database
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the project programmatically by ensuring that trained project volunteers function effectively in mobilizing, actively referring clients, tracking service satisfaction in the process of service access in treatment, care and support.
Additionally, MEL-PC will provide technical support and contribute to volunteer training and mentoring in areas of evaluation, data collection and analysis, learning agenda development and other project –level M&E related deliverables.
Reporting to the Director –Research, Monitoring & Evaluation technically and to the Programs Manager functionally, the MEL-CP will provide M&E functions for ZHECT. He/she will be responsible for the management of ZHECT/project site information systems, database and data collection and entry, maintain records, and report service statistics.
- Provides technical leadership in monitoring and evaluation systems and processes of the project.
- Lead monthly and quarterly planning and implementation of assessments and data valuation activities.
- Oversee the quick transmission of assessment results to the Community Based structures for their review.
- Support coordination of meetings between the community structures and Health facilities, district health and provincial health structures
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, leading the systems management for the timely collection, management, analysis and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements.
- Participate in building capacity of staff and volunteers in the M&E systems.
- Provides guidance on quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Works closely with project heads to successfully implement the project.
Qualifications and key competencies
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, public health, social sciences, or any other relevant field.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in donor funded projects designing monitoring and evaluation activities in support of USAID and/or other donor funded projects.
- Documented hands-on practical experience setting up and managing MER systems specific to HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research
- Strong knowledge of and experience with USAID monitoring and evaluation requirements.
- Proven ability to produce professional quality English-language documents such as progress reports and case studies.
Please email your application letter, CV, and copies of supporting academic qualifications to: email@example.com or post/deliver to The Human Resources Manager, Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust, Plot No. 1551, Church Road, Fair View area, Post Net no. 221, P/B E835, Lusaka.
The closing date for receiving all applications is 7th May 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.