- Company: Bank of Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following position:
CENTRAL SECURITIES DEPOSITORY ADMINISTRATOR, HO (1 POST)
To administer the Central Securities Depository (CSD) to ensure the provision of a reliable and efficient service to all stakeholders.
- Administering the assets of the CSD;
- Administering the CSD operated by Bank of Zambia to ensure adherence to procedures manuals, back-up and recovery procedures and mandates;
- Ensuring adherence to IOSCO Principles for financial market infrastructures such as the CSD;
- Providing advice on any changes to the CSD administration which will affect the CSD Rules;
- Monitoring the CSD to ensure it is stable and delivering according to the rules and regulations;
- Liaising effectively with the ICT Department and/or the vendors on connectivity issues related to the CSD platform and other financial market infrastructures;
- Providing technical support to the CSD including troubleshooting and liaising with the ICT Department and the developers in the event that the system has a fault to ensure that it is resolved efficiently;
- Preparing periodic and adhoc reports on the performance of the CSD;
- Ensuring that the issues reported to the CSD Help Desk are appropriately captured and efficiently dealt with by the responsible officers;
- Coordinating with the ZIPSS on month-end revenue obligations and
- Maintaining records of records of E-token application and revocation forms for all users;
- Allocating appropriate profiles to Users;
- Executing the CSD Timetable and Calendar; and
- Serving as the departmental ICT Liaison Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 years’ relevant experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Good writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of financial markets operations
- Computer skills
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online via the BOZ Career page on www.boz.zm. Applicants’ application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be attached to the application. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted and the closing date for applications is Monday, 10 May 2021.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.